PDA

View Full Version : Swapping Curren front clip on a Celica

krazymofo
12-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Hi all, new to the forums. I'm currently in Okinawa Japan, and importing anything from here to the states is friggin' expensive, so I decided to try something different. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the Toyota Celica, and Curren (year specific 94-99ish???) are almost the same car. The only exterrior differences are the entire front clilp, and the rear window/trunk/hatch. What I'm thinking of doing as long as they are all interchangable, is bring back an entire Curren front clip(front bodykit, aftermarket headlights, fenders and hood) and put 'em on a Celica, but only if they're interchangable. I believe Currens were only made in the mid 90's, I doubt if there are any other generations. I've only seen the single exact same gen of Curren in the 2 years that I've been here. Everything about the 2 are soooo close, I hope these brothers can share :D If anyone has any knowledge on this, or just wants to put their 2 cents in, please feel free to:D Thanx in advance,

Robert

Dr Tweak
12-26-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm quite certain that you can do the conversion on a Celica, yes.

While you're in Japan, you mind picking up a few containers of engines, clips, and parts for me? :D

-Doc

Murgatroy
12-26-2005, 12:06 PM
The Curren (ST206) nose will fit on a 6th Gen chassis. The 6th Gen was made between `94 and `99. It has the chassis code AT200, ST202 and ST205. The only difference beyond the nosepiece was the different engines in the JDM Curren, including a 4SFE engine.

The Curren only came in FWD and was only available in a notchback (coupe) model. I have seen Curren conversions on 5th Gens and ST205s. It is an interesting take that remembles the nose of a Camry to be honest.

Good luck with getting the parts here, I would suggest trying for a good JDM engine as well, might make things more fun back home. :bigthumbu

krazymofo
12-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Cool Cool. I just also heard that I would need to weld on the core support from the curren onto the celica. Wont be much of a prob. I'm going to TMO tommorrow to see if they will ship all that good stuff for me when I move back to the states. If they do, I'm going to go ahead and get myself JDM engine for the Celica:D MUHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!! anybody got any ideas what I should look for? :D

Robert

Murgatroy
12-29-2005, 08:02 PM
The 3SGTE is the most popular swap, and I suppose it is the most potent. Depending on what you want you have also use any of the 4AG(Z)E variants or s 3SGE.