PDA

View Full Version : Engine Cutting Out

roadrunnertrd
12-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Hi, i've just joined this site & hope you guys can help me. :)
I've a celica 2.0 GT 1992 with the 3SGE engine. The problem i've got is that it keeps cutting out, it'll run for 20-30 miles then just stop. :ugh: Somtimes it would start straight away but this weekend it woud'nt, it just kept turning over.
When the engine was left for half an hour to cool down it would run again untill it got hot again.
Hope some of you may have an idea of what it may be? Thanks.

Mister2T
12-26-2005, 03:40 PM
first thing that comse to my mind, and i know it sounds funny, fuel pump, does it do it with 3/4 to a full tank of gas? I had a friend, and his car was doing that, fuel pump was junk. When is the last time you have checked the plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor button, and fuel filter?

roadrunnertrd
12-26-2005, 04:27 PM
first thing that comse to my mind, and i know it sounds funny, fuel pump, does it do it with 3/4 to a full tank of gas? I had a friend, and his car was doing that, fuel pump was junk. When is the last time you have checked the plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor button, and fuel filter?
I've checked that mate, i bridged terminals TE1 & TE on the diagnostic plug in & it's pointing towards the ignighter , coil or ECU. I've replaced the ignighter so i recon it's the coil.