PDA

View Full Version : Freezing to Death! Dead Heater

Poon
12-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi

Iím a mechanic and the only warmth I get is on the way to work, morning trips to work are not the same, the heater blower is working but not the dam heater so its freezing, has anyone got a clue how to get some heat in the car cheap & quickly? (useful sudgestions appreciated )

1990 Celica GT4 ST185

saved_1992
12-09-2005, 03:43 PM
cardboard in frt of the radiator/new thermostate are a couple of cheap things to do

note watch your temp gauge if use the cardboard (dont block to much of the radiator air flow)

Poon
12-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Thanx but missed a few bits out sorry, engine cooling system is fine temp ok got hot water circulating the heater matrix but just wont get through (heater matrix isnt blocked)

Quick reply would be nice (dam freezing here)

WannabeGT4
12-09-2005, 07:23 PM
They haven't finished the menu system for volume 2 of the 1993 BGB but most of the information is still there:

http://www.celicatech.com/93rmsour/1993/93celica/ac/accontro.pdf

Make sure that your air mix damper control and your water valve control cables are working and properly adjusted.

roman
12-09-2005, 08:34 PM
If you pull back the carpet a bit near the center of the car on the passenger side under the dash you should see a metal rod going to a flap on a big white box. Make sure that when you switch from cold to hot the metal rod moves that flap. Mine broke off the flap and I lost heat as a result. Took me a year to figure it out. I ended up using some super glue to fix it but it was summer time already ;)