PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Shocks?

craigceli
12-08-2005, 08:22 PM
hey im planning to lower my car 1.5" and i plan to replace all of the shocks so is it a good idea to just use monroe shocks or should i buy the KYB's. Ive never done this type of thing before so i want to have a quality job done. also will i need to have an alignment done afterwards? Also has anyone heard of or bought anything off of the company Canuck Motorsports? they are in Vancouver and they sell lowering springs and was wondering if anyone knows if they sell quality shit. im trying to figure out which springs to buy and its basically between those Sprints and Dropzone. Anyone know which is best?
Thanks!

RIalltrac
12-08-2005, 08:47 PM
your definately going to need an alignment, and it might not even be possible to pull it straight with that much of a drop without the use of camber bolts or adjustable camber plates. As far as shocks are concerned I would go with a shock thats designed to be used with lowering springs, using oem style shocks is just going to lead to thier premature death. Do it right the first time and be done with it. Thats what I say.

Galcobar
12-09-2005, 01:53 AM
KYB warrenties up to a 1.5" drop, Monroe says their warrenty is invalidated with ANY drop. Not difficult to pick out the appropriate one to use when dropping the car.