PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure issues

Punisher
12-08-2005, 09:26 AM
So I just recenly did timing belt and I ripped the whole side of the motor apart, pan, oil pump... I replaced front main sail, oil pump shaft seal, etc etc etc..

Well I had no issues.. until it started to get real cold out.. now every morning I start my car the oil light stays on for a little while and I can hear the motor clunkin around.. I ain't gettin sufficient oil pressure... It's always done this but it would last for about 3s and then the noise would go away and light went off..

So anyway what oil do you guys recommend I use?? I cleaned the oil pump all out and the only thing I can figure is that I opened some of the clearances up or some shit? I don't know if I should run a thicker or thinner oil... when it is occuring if I rev the motor up into usually the 2K range and hold it the light goes off and the noise typically goes away.. indicated that the OP is good..

surfergravity
12-08-2005, 01:17 PM
What oil are you using now?

Luis C
12-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Change to a lighter weigh oil, 3W or 5W

Punisher
12-08-2005, 03:16 PM
10-30 I was using 5-30...

91 Celica GT-S
12-08-2005, 03:38 PM
i have he same problem i thought maybe the pump was getting worn and wearing out i replaced the oil pump and got the head prepped it was doing good for a couple weeks then it does the same thing when i first turn it on it takes a while for oil to get to the head i was using 5-30 then switched to 10-30 it appeared like it wasnt making as much noise but it still takes a while to get oil pressure? so dont know? any one else have ideas or a fix?

Punisher
12-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Well I don't know what to say I don't know if I need to use a thicker weight or a thinner weight... I typically use a synthetic blend as well... so I don't get it.

I really don't care at this point.. motor can seize up and lick my ass.

surfergravity
12-08-2005, 04:29 PM
0 weight synthetic ran well on my Probe when I had it.