PDA

View Full Version : New Camaro Pics inside. What do ya think?

GT4SOM
12-08-2005, 03:45 AM
http://tamparacing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275196&page=1&pp=15

I think i kinda like it. I'd drive it. :bigthumbu

surfergravity
12-08-2005, 03:56 AM
If it goes into production that'd be sweet. I could use the business again since they stopped making them. I work at a Chevy Dealer.

Looks like they'd be going along with the whole retro/vintage styling that Ford has adopted with the newer Mustangs.

BTW :banhit:

hobbie2k
12-08-2005, 05:10 AM
Not bad, much better looking than the last F-body, though it is kinda sad that the American manufacturers have to resort to baby-boomer nostalgia to sell cars. Let's just hope that the car is as good a drive (and value) as the Mustang.

InitialD93
12-08-2005, 08:00 AM
well all the little roadsters coming out, S2K/miata/solstice/etc... are a throw back to the old british cars... everyone should know by now that nothing is ever really new... its just modified.

blck87gtconv
12-08-2005, 10:24 AM
It looks like a Chevrolet Chargstang.

Galcobar
12-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Was thinking it looked like a cross between the Mustang (check the front) and the Charger (bulky build) too.

Kind of vicious looking SOB, isn't it?

As for the nostalgia factor, well, they're not selling cars to anybody else, are they? Ford's the latest, 25-30,000 layoffs. It's so bad, they're even axing 7 executives according to the same report (Ford refused to comment).

CandianCelicaGT
12-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Unibody - BLEH
Independant rear end - BLEH
Two gas tanks ? - okeeee
Styling it alright. But they need to make it a little more 69 camaro VS. Chargestang

hobbie2k
12-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Well, look at a 1st gen Mustang next to a 1st gen Camaro, they both look incredibly similar, same size, same lines, same proportions. It is only natural that their reincarnations would end up looking similar.

And about the nostalgia issue, their tactics are leading to slow death. The baby-boomers will only be buying cars for so long and if the American manufacturers haven't captured the gen X and Y crowd with anything other than big trucks and massive rebates they will not be able to crawl out of the pit they are finding themselves in. What they all need is a radical shift in their entire business processes and product line. True, it's risky and it may just bring about their demise, but it really is a choice between that and certain death in 20 years.

Lagos
12-08-2005, 08:51 PM
not bad. reminds me more of the new mustang thats out.

Sean
12-08-2005, 09:21 PM
Pretty old PS drawings from 2004

But I like it

Trance4c
12-08-2005, 09:34 PM
ewwwwwwwwwww

surfergravity
12-08-2005, 09:37 PM
ewwwwwwwwwww

Hater. :hehe:

Doctor Jinxed
12-09-2005, 02:34 AM
ewwwwwwwwwww
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it looks like shit. :saythat:

I remember some fanmade concept i saw a few years ago and that was gorgeous. This.. is just ass.

VikingJZ
12-09-2005, 03:27 AM
Been there seen that....google search "Challenger Concept"

Ricksta
12-09-2005, 03:39 AM
it reminds me of the new mustangs to be honest

VikingJZ
12-09-2005, 04:05 AM
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103629

This will make you like the pony car ideas. I'm completely against owning an American-branded automobile ever again, but this Challenger I love. I probably wont buy one, but I'll still test drive the bitch.

partyball
12-09-2005, 04:57 AM
That car is hot. I would love to just see one in real life. Please let them produce that challenger.

Doctor Jinxed
12-09-2005, 05:05 AM
challenger concept = what the charger shoulda been?

sgtmayhem4
12-09-2005, 05:28 AM
Well, look at a 1st gen Mustang next to a 1st gen Camaro, they both look incredibly similar, same size, same lines, same proportions. It is only natural that their reincarnations would end up looking similar.

i'm sorry to go back to this post, but the 1st gen mustang and camaro's look NOTHING alike. 1st gen camaro's and firebired's are the exact same body, so yea they're similar, just different front ends. but i can tell a 67 mustang apart from a 67 camaro anyday, from any angle. /rant

as you were

VikingJZ
12-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Dodge is set to produce the Challenger in any form. It IS coming back. I'm pretty sure it will look something just like that, because the Detroit show isn't far away.

It will probably out sell the Camaro and Mustang by far. It is the most retro looking post-muscle car era concept to date. It's also speculated to be the most powerful, and most likely fuel-efficient with the cylinder deactivation.

Morwan
12-10-2005, 02:49 AM
And this sets the stage for Toyota to create a RWD Celica in 2010.

hobbie2k
12-10-2005, 04:55 AM
i'm sorry to go back to this post, but the 1st gen mustang and camaro's look NOTHING alike. 1st gen camaro's and firebired's are the exact same body, so yea they're similar, just different front ends. but i can tell a 67 mustang apart from a 67 camaro anyday, from any angle. /rant

as you were

I can tell the difference as well, but when you look at the two cars from the same angle you'll see that their proportions, their basic lines, and their size are roughly the same, and they both share other similar features mandated by the production technology and regulations of the day, which, when translated into a modern form, results in two cars that also look very similar. Sure, some of the details are different (the Camaro has more muscular shoulders while the Mustang has a more elgant line, etc...) but when you get right down to it they are both 1960s American Pony cars and they look similar.

Trance4c
12-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Hater. :hehe:

I'm not saying I'm hating.. the front is kinda nifty. But.. I don't like all this retro car shit.. the new mustang I think looks like cacapoopoo.. like, seriously? How bad are they having to dive for styling here to create customer following? I want to see cars that a slick, not shaped. Just my personal observations though when it comes to physical appearance of cars. I'd just rather have an 04 Cobra.

OldUsedCelica
12-12-2005, 06:25 AM
I'll be honest. I'd drive anything that has two door, large tire, coupe, and last but not least a engine larger then 5.0L hehehe... just me though.

blck87gtconv
12-12-2005, 09:42 AM
I'm not saying I'm hating.. the front is kinda nifty. But.. I don't like all this retro car shit.. the new mustang I think looks like cacapoopoo.. like, seriously? How bad are they having to dive for styling here to create customer following? I want to see cars that a slick, not shaped. Just my personal observations though when it comes to physical appearance of cars. I'd just rather have an 04 Cobra.
I personally gravitate more towards older designs. To me, they are far more original than anything else I see on the road these days. Although, there are a few cars I really like.. most are square-ish with clean lines.. not modernized edged bullshit.

Playfortoday
12-12-2005, 10:49 PM
But.. I don't like all this retro car shit.. the new mustang I think looks like cacapoopoo.. like, seriously? How bad are they having to dive for styling here to create customer following?

It is marketing genious. The same people that dreamed of owning these cars as kids but couldn't afford them are now offered a chance to by something sharper, safer, faster, cleaner, and with a warranty to recapture their youth. The only thing better is the original, and in the case of some of these new retro's, I think they one-upped the past.

I might look into getting one of these. The 68 Z28 was my all time favorite car in HS and in my early 20's. I never got one, because prime specimens cost about the same as what a retro wih a warranty costs. Except, no they can actually make turns without rolling over.:hehe: