PDA

View Full Version : ebay rear strut bar

BeeHay
12-03-2005, 08:33 PM
will this fit my 95?

i'd think it would.

rear strut (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Toyota-Celica-ST202-Rear-Strut-Bar-3SGE-3SGTE-ST205_W0QQitemZ4593533165QQcategoryZ6755QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Lagos
12-03-2005, 11:36 PM
yes it does, as long as you have a hatchback. i have one on my car. dont spend too much for one on ebay tho, you can get them brand new from the dealer for around 40-50$ i think.

just give them this part number and ask for a price
GT-Four Factory Rear Strut Brace
53605-20020

Hooligan
12-03-2005, 11:39 PM
If you have a coupe (is this what you mean by "trunkback"?), there is no point to rear strut tower reinforcement as you already have it "built in" to the car.

BeeHay
12-04-2005, 12:01 AM
yea, i was wondering what the official term was for the trunkback.

sweet man, this website is the sh*t!

thanks for the info

im gonna submit some fundage to this site, you guys have saved me time and money.

:D

preesh,
brandon

Hooligan
12-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Great to hear (both that you like the site and are going to donate)!

partyball
12-06-2005, 03:18 AM
would this strut bar fit a 5th gen hatch as well?

Verde97
12-07-2005, 06:23 PM
I just got a price on the rear strut bar. $81 at my Toyota dealer.

Lagos
12-08-2005, 11:04 PM
no one ever tried it on a 5th gen to know if it would work or not.

81$? ouch, they are trying to charge you list price. i know i paid a lot less for mine, but they tend to give me discounds

BellaCelica95
12-29-2005, 03:36 PM
I think ToyotaWorld has it for less, like 60-70? I got mine from someone.

alltracman78
01-09-2006, 12:04 PM
https://www.1sttoyotaparts.com/partscat.html

This is the best place to go for OEM stuff.
Unless you have a personal hookup.....

alltracman78
01-09-2006, 12:05 PM
https://www.parts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=searchCatalogOEM&siteid=213804

crap.
Try this

alltracman78
01-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Well shit.
Anyways, that brace is $58.90

WannabeGT4
01-09-2006, 04:07 PM
yea, i was wondering what the official term was for the trunkback.

sweet man, this website is the sh*t!

thanks for the info

im gonna submit some fundage to this site, you guys have saved me time and money.

:D

preesh,
brandon

Come check out http://www.6gc.net.

Playfortoday
01-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Come check out http://www.6gc.net.

Please do not activitely recruit people from this site. There is nothing there that we can't handle here. Good guys over there, but what is the point. Thanks.

Luni
01-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah dude, I mean its one thing to suggest the other site if we cant find the answer or something, but if we got it covered please dont recruit. We dont go to 6gc.net and say "come see celicatech.com"

I think thats kinda messed up.

caneman
01-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Yeah dude, I mean its one thing to suggest the other site if we cant find the answer or something, but if we got it covered please dont recruit. We dont go to 6gc.net and say "come see celicatech.com"

I think thats kinda messed up.
Kind of like fishing in someone else's pond, don't you think?

WannabeGT4
01-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to step on any toes. You can't deny however, that 6gc.net is the better resource for the 94-99 Celicas.

Playfortoday
01-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to step on any toes. You can't deny however, that 6gc.net is the better resource for the 94-99 Celicas.

I am not going to take bait. All I will say is that I am more than confident that collectively anyone here has as much knowledge. Now, kindly stop.

Luni
01-09-2006, 06:30 PM
The site that is designed for something like that probablly would be a better place, but referring people to that site without even attempting to answer the question isnt cool IMO.

Your original intent seemed to be to just refer people over there. Thats why you got jumped on for it.

WannabeGT4
01-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Play,
I'm not saying the people there are better than here. I just thought that if he liked this site so much he'd appreciate 6gc. I won't stop mentioning 6gc.net but I will try and make it sound less like recruiting.

Luni,
You've got a great site full off knowledgeable people, but I don't see any reason that someone can't utilize the resources of both communities.

Playfortoday
01-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Play,
I'm not saying the people there are better than here. I just thought that if he liked this site so much he'd appreciate 6gc. I won't stop mentioning 6gc.net but I will try and make it sound less like recruiting.

Luni,
You've got a great site full off knowledgeable people, but I don't see any reason that someone can't utilize the resources of both communities.

Do it in the context explained by Luni and I, and I have absolutely no problems with it. We understand that we are not the only source on the net.

Luni
01-09-2006, 07:53 PM
And I understand that, but quoting his post where he said hes gonna send some fundage to the site, seems like recruiting dude.

My point is, and this conversation doesnt need to be going farther than it is, dont just post go to somewhere else. You should be trying to answer the question, if you dont know the answer, you should either search for it to help a guy out, or you should just not post in the thread. Thats pretty universal. I dont know many other sites that appreciate members referring people to other "competing" sites.

If I had it my way, all the people on 6gc.net would just post here, and the community would be even bigger.

I dont have it my way so the site exists, but as long as theres people there and not here, and people here thats not there, its competition.

The day I see you referring everyone over there to celicatech I will stfu about it. If you already have, then I will stfu about it. Until then, please dont use this place as a recruitment center for another celica website. I tend to take that kind of stuff personally.

WannabeGT4
01-09-2006, 08:36 PM
I refer people here all the time for the BGBs. It shouldn't be such a big deal. I don't think of celicatech and 6gc as competing as much as I think of them as complimentary.

I don't generaly post "go to somewhere else." I do my best to answer questions when I know the answers to them and I've even offered to help with the site. That offer still stands if you want someone to finish the BGB section. I think this place is great and hope it continues to grow.

I am not using your site for "recruiting." I have nothing to gain by doing so. The funding statement didn't even cross my mind when I was quoting him.

No hard feelings.

85gtsblackman
01-26-2006, 10:33 PM
*thread failure*

"shoulda bought a 5th gen" :hehe:

GT4SOM
01-27-2006, 12:08 AM
Hmm I'd be very intrested in seeing if this will fit 5th gen hatches. can anyone get pictures of this installed, I'm just curious to see how it looks and what kind of modification was needed in order to fit into the plastic cover.

kpdvx
01-29-2006, 03:29 PM
How would this improve handling?

GT4SOM
01-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Well when a car is cornering the car can slightly twist, this bar should give it more support.