PDA

View Full Version : wide body (gts/alltrac) conversinon a 93 drop top with all wheel drive

celica9303
12-03-2005, 05:33 AM
hey i looking into the wide body i preety sure it can be done if i get the fenders and quater panels. the fenders should be a bolt on but i know i will have to cut and weld/ mold the quaters in.

as with the alltrac part i was wonder if i can get the all whell drive on to my chassis, or would that be way to much modifaction? im am going to be ordering the 3s soon hopefully, the 5sfe just insnt powerfull enough. any one know wher i can get the hood?

VikingJZ
12-03-2005, 06:17 AM
It's not impossible, but impractical. You'll spend more money doing this "conversion" than you would purchasing a regular All-Trac. Use the "SEARCH" button up there on the main button set and you will find more information, as this has been discussed more times than you can think of.

Murgatroy
12-03-2005, 08:21 AM
This topic is asked quite often. The answer is 'Yes, it can be done.' The secret is an endless wallet, the patience of a monk and a very very hard head.

Read this thread http://celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3574 and see what it has to say about it.

Even if it were to be done, a Convertable would not be the wisest choice, it's chassis is already under a lot of strain from the removal of the top, adding all the weight of the AWD system would twist it asunder in no time.