PDA

View Full Version : Apexi PFC pre-installation help

Luis C
12-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey people whats up?

A friend of mine recently bought a 7th gen GT-S 6-sp and since then he has been pumping money into performance parts. Well this week his PFC arrived and I will be helping him install it. None of us has any experience installing it and neither does anyone in this country so we are all on our own.

I know most people have installed some kind of electronic gizmo to their ride so I would like to know witch precautions should we take before going ahead with this.

Better yet if anyone who has installed one before on a 7th gen could guide us throught the process.

Thanks

Smaay
12-20-2005, 04:22 AM
the PFC is a total plug and play...pull out your ECU and install the PFC...you dont need anything extra to hook up unless you have the Datalogit or the commander...the Commander is useless for tuning, it can be dont but its long and hard process...The datalogit is the best for tuning....the good thing about the commander is that it will give you real time measurements of your sensors, ie...RPM, Speed, Injector duty, Timing, etc...

Luis C
12-20-2005, 01:36 PM
His PFC came with the datalogit, we are still in a holding pattern unil he has the time to bring the car around.

Smaay
12-21-2005, 06:02 AM
then just drop it in...did he get it pre loaded with a MAP from a shop like Monkeywrenchracing?

Luis C
12-21-2005, 06:37 AM
Nope... AFAIK its some MAP from someone else with the car pretty much stock except for a CAI and exhaust