PDA

View Full Version : OT: Motorycle Video

davlee
12-02-2005, 02:31 AM
There's been a couple of motorcycle threads here, lately... thought I'd share my latest video for those that are interested. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.exackley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4372

More videos here:
http://www.exackley.com/myvids.htm

surfergravity
12-02-2005, 02:43 AM
Way cool. Get any speedo shots? It's probably a tougher angle to get, but I could have a better understanding of how crazy you are.

cosmic_sombrero
12-02-2005, 02:51 AM
oh maaaaaaaan. Thats SICK!

...and I absofuckinglutely LOVE love the North Cascades drive.

I was actually going through that pass a year and half ago with a geology class in a 15 passenger van... we stopped at one of the pullouts that you guys passed in the video. Then, a bunch of sportbikes started rounding the corner and pulling into the pullout as well.

After about 10 had pulled in and we were climbing back into the van, I heard one coming around the corner that was downshifting HARD and I knew that the fact that people were pulling over had caught him by surprise.

I looked out the window in time to see him ditch the bike, and watched the bike as it skidded and THUNK wedged itself under our van.

He was fine, the bike was mostly just scuffed. My guess is that he pulled off braking too hard for the gravel and lost it...

...and hey, you're in Seattle, too... can I come ride your bike? :D

davlee
12-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Way cool. Get any speedo shots? It's probably a tougher angle to get, but I could have a better understanding of how crazy you are.

There are some gauge shots in my last video (presently 3rd from the top on http://www.exackley.com/myvids.htm), but it's on the track... and my gearing was extra low, so the speedo reads very optimistically. I could pretty much bury the speedometer (to 180) but my bike would be lucky to hit a true 160 on its best day (with stock gearing).

[Edit: Turns out there's only like two gauge shots in that video, and they're both on the straight. So not all that interesting.]

In the newest video, those sweepers are mostly around top of fourth, into fifth, I think, so... 120-130ish?

oh maaaaaaaan. Thats SICK!

...and I absofuckinglutely LOVE love the North Cascades drive.

...and hey, you're in Seattle, too... can I come ride your bike?

Thanks! Yeah, that's an amazing ride/drive. Couple years ago some friends and I took it all the way to Idaho. Eventually you get to a point where there aren't even any lane markings.

Nice crash story. Sometimes we forget that speeding around blind corners can be dangerous. :slap: I've been lucky enough to stay out of real trouble, so far, knock on wood. I've dropped the bike twice at the track but only did cosmetic damage.

Sure, you can ride my bike, if you do it in the next week -- and you can't borrow any of my winter gear. :thefinger

undecided
12-13-2005, 01:41 AM
nice vids. you're a pretty crazy rider on the streets. watch out for leaning on the centerline, in one of your vids i saw a guy leaning close to the center line... if a car comes swooping by it can easily take your head off.

other than that cool vids a little to dangerous for me but still cool.

Colossus20v
12-13-2005, 02:02 AM
Dave, I have a 99 zx6r. Fun bikes. Just wished I had Fuel Injection. Ill probably be getting something newer and bigger in a couple of years. Put my bike in the garage until a nice day come around again.

undecided
12-13-2005, 06:23 AM
carbs are just fine