PDA

View Full Version : We're ALL human.

Sean
11-26-2005, 07:11 AM
Please take the time to read at least the first part of this post. I highly respect this man for being so damn truthful.

I think you will all enjoy it.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2734012#post2734012

roman
11-26-2005, 08:01 AM
Man, that Race Legal program from San Diego is the coolest thing ever. More cities need to adopt something similar. I remember back when my friends and I used to street race, the question about getting caught and the consequences always came up. The excuses nearly everyone used for street racing were "well the nearest drag strip is over an hour away; if there was something closer I'd go there".

Sean
11-26-2005, 08:13 AM
Thanks for reading Roman!

3sgte@daspeedof
11-26-2005, 05:36 PM
If more places adopted something like that, you would see less people street racing on public roads if there where more places available.

Doctor Jinxed
11-26-2005, 07:05 PM
That post did made me think a bit, and a police sponsored track/race deally would be great in all counties and what not, but honestly, a lot of people who race around here usually dont even break the speed limit and most probably dont have cars that could break 100mph anyway. The level of danger in the street racing I'm used to is significantly smaller than the whole "fast and the furious, everyone hog a street, gather a huge crowd, and bust out our trailer queens" situation that guy was posting about.

Honestly, if your car is really worth its balls then the track is the only real place to show it off; the street is for the little guys who usually dont wanna pay 15 bucks to wait for an hour just to show off that their 130 hp (140 with CAI and Exhaust of course) car is capable of running 17's (Maybe a 16.8 if it's cold and the tires don't spin)to the general public.

fiveSFE
11-26-2005, 08:03 PM
woah that was an interesting post, if the track was open more days besides just friday for test n' tunes i would definatly try to get to the track more. But like hayabusa said in his post, it is hard to beat the adrenaline of racing on the street.

I think that if there were more street racers in tucson, like described in his post the cops would definatly set something up, but when people meet up here to head out to the illegals there are only about 70 people at the max, and is very unorganized, and most people leave because of the rumor of an undercover cop being in the group.

i rarely ever race at the illegals, just because it seems dangerous to me and just not worth it, here it is very unorganized. I have heard stories from friends who were big in the racing scene in new york saying there would be thousand's of cars out, and how organized it was.

ive seen cops just like this, who have sat and watched the illegals in their squad car till it breaks up, then the cop comes to the meet up spot and talks about cars and mods and what not, usually they are pretty cool about it.

fiveSFE
11-26-2005, 08:06 PM
I think that alot of the cops here in tucson are picking upt he same attitude this guy has, when they coem to break up races or meets, they just come with the intercom and usually same something like "time to leave" "dont you guys have grilfeinds" stuff like that, and most everyone leaves in a nice fashion and no one rushes out in a hurry

PapiChulo
11-26-2005, 09:00 PM
man, wish there were more cops like him

and they need a program for racing like that in my area too

Sean
11-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Honestly, if your car is really worth its balls then the track is the only real place to show it off; the street is for the little guys who usually dont wanna pay 15 bucks to wait for an hour just to show off that their 130 hp (140 with CAI and Exhaust of course) car is capable of running 17's (Maybe a 16.8 if it's cold and the tires don't spin)to the general public.

A agree whole heartedly with your statement. Make's a lot of sense to me!

roman
11-26-2005, 10:10 PM
I think that alot of the cops here in tucson are picking upt he same attitude this guy has, when they coem to break up races or meets, they just come with the intercom and usually same something like "time to leave" "dont you guys have grilfeinds" stuff like that, and most everyone leaves in a nice fashion and no one rushes out in a hurry

I think it all depends on the location you race at. When we raced, we usually did it at industrial parks late at night. Nobody was around then because everybody was off work. When the cops did show, they usually said something witty over the loudspeaker too or they would just sit there with their lights on and wait for everyone to leave. SOMETIMES they handed out tickets. However, the cops in the city are a lot less lenient. The people there race on public roads where an unsuspecting commuter could easily get injured. When you endanger the lives of others the cops aren't going to play nice.

fiveSFE
11-27-2005, 12:46 AM
yeah thats true, when they see people racing on the public roads,they are quick to give out tickets, but when we go way out in the boonies, they just break it up.

my friend from new york was telling me about a time were there was a few hundred people racing on this street that had 2 ways out, the cops let them race there for like 30 minutes then blocked both exits, handed out tickets to everyone there, and towed peoples cars if they didnt have insurance, or registration with them, they also checked hoods and he said there was 3 people that had their car impounded for having fishy vins. and there has been other times were the crowd just riots and overpowers the police

xeril
11-28-2005, 08:29 AM
come to fairfax county. then you'll know the definition of asshole cops. we are known nationally for having the worst cops. people in the county actually drive right outside the county to throw car meets because its so bad. but i guess we still do have the supermeet the first sat of every month. meh.

edit: haha, what other county has a yamaha r1 cop bike, bmw 3 series convertible, and numerous random completely unmarked cars..

surfergravity
11-28-2005, 05:15 PM
^Fairfax County sounds really familiar. Is that a common place featured in Worlds Wildest Police Chases? ...or videos or whatever?

ocb_dave_ocb
11-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Very Good Post... It was a nice Read...

Arcias
12-01-2005, 07:37 AM
Great post. It's nice to get the cop's perspective on this...

We had a track day in Edmonton two years ago. I didn't go, but the police had a tuned Tiberon complete with sirens and police decals. They challenged the street racers to race them on the track. I don't know what it ran, but I heard it was fast.

I was hoping they'd do that kind of thing more often, but it doesn't seem to be happening...

Freeze
12-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Yeh, in a town near mine, they've got an RX-7 chase car that runs around 400hp...not too shabby.