PDA

View Full Version : went to toyota today...

Ricksta
11-23-2005, 03:49 AM
so i ask for a lower insulators........well i just got home and looked at the diagram and i apparently bought the upper insulators..not the lower...so thats a hundred bux right there...i know my suspension is bad but do i even need them? should i go refund and use it to buy the lower? these are the last of shit i need for the job...i had no idea it was gonna cost so much...prolly over a g now spent..this is my list so far

kyb gr2 struts
eibach pro kit springs
new cv shafts (are about to snap)
front and rear monroe strut mounts
front kyb boot

and now all i need is that insulator...or if theres anything else i need to add to the list. should i trade it in? i dont know the condition of my old one

Luis C
11-23-2005, 04:42 AM
Bump stops, strut mounts, strut boots

Galcobar
11-23-2005, 07:57 AM
front and rear monroe strut mounts
front kyb boot[/b]

The KYB boots come with integrated bump stops. The boots on my Celica were fine, as were the bumpstops on all four corners, but they can easily be inspected before hand to determine if they're in good condition.

Front upper insulators, which also function as the front boot, are funnel shaped, while both the lower front and the rear spring seat isolators are simply circles of shaped rubber. My front isolators were in near-pristine condition. You should be able to reach up into the isolator and feel the condition of the rubber. If it's dry, hard, or cracked, then you'll need to replace them.

Ricksta
11-23-2005, 10:25 AM
i'll take a look at it after work today...and luis i already have everything but those bumpstops which im hoping will be reused