PDA

View Full Version : please, somebody shoot me

undecided
12-24-2004, 04:40 AM
i need a cheap insurance car so im going for a civic. while im at it ill get a civic with a lil more oomf.. that's a 4 door.

well i found a 1992 civic four door, brand new black paint job (good job) that has some work done to it.

it has 211k.. but the 2nd engine (b15 block) only has 100k on it

he said he's used purple oil (special stuff he says he showed me it) every 2000 miles and only 93 octane gas.

here's the run down of what is done

eagle pistons and rods head bored 3 over, stage 2 clutch, the rest of what is done is right here:

http://thewolfweb.com/message_topic.aspx?topic=277240

i hate the rims, he has a set of steelies with new tires, i would just use those.

i took it for a drive today and it was surprisingly fast!(compared to my celica)

it has no vtec and is a dx block that only started out with 99hp.

he estimates the hp to be anywhere from 160-175.

he said he keeps up and beats stock mustangs, which is pretty crazy for a 1.5l. i drove the car and love it

he's selling it for 2000 only because he's going back to the army and needs to get rid of his cars.

I'm taking it for a compression test tomorrow to make sure that everything is alright :D. my friend is coming with me who turbo'd his d16 engine and will be able to look out for problems with the car.

btw i would probably be taking off the tails bc i dont like them, also i would replace the "m3" mirrors with the stock ones and i would put a resonator on the exhaust.

lemme know what u guys think..

a good college beater? it ran just fine and he's put in many new parts that are on warranty.

he showed me a time slip of when it ran a 14.3, but he said he got lucky that time usually it just runs high 14's.

thanks!

Kyle

Blackcloud
12-24-2004, 05:55 AM
take off the rims, tails, mirrors, and that huge ass tach and id buy it for $2000

T-VIS
12-24-2004, 06:36 AM
yeah trash the rims, and trash the eros their cop bait.
love the guys comment 17.63 for the miata....LMAO

undecided
12-24-2004, 07:10 AM
that's exactly what im going to do. stock tails, steelies, might keep tach though bc it has none other than that :) and i hate the side view mirrors :) ill put the stock ones back on.

thanks guys!

imac
12-24-2004, 03:56 PM
yea the mirrors are teh ugly :ghey: . and the rims, it seems like 50% of import drivers have the MR7's now, but those ones look huge on that car. you can sell them and put the $ toward a smaller set of rims without droppin too much cash.

undecided
12-24-2004, 07:31 PM
haha i brought this car up to the rents, even though it's my money i cant buy it if they dont agree upon it.

my dad says i cant get a civac bc ill "hop it up" and if i do he's not going to let the car be on his insurance plan. I pay for insurance on the celica under his plan.

I can only imagine how much a 4 door civic would be if i had to start up an insurance plan on my own, liability only. also doesnt it cost money to just start up insurance

if the car was only 100 dollars a month for me to insure, i would do it, even if it was 150 hah.

anyone have any ideas>? im 18 19 in march have one accident on record. ill call up my insurance company later today.

undecided
12-25-2004, 10:37 PM
well with my accident on my own plan, being 18 from geico it's 700 for six months not bad.

85gtsblackman
12-25-2004, 10:55 PM
get a corolla or a subaru legacy, i had a 91 legacy and it was cheap to insure, plus a legacy weighs like 2500 lbs or so and has 140 hp, so basicly think of having a 88 corolla with a 5sfe in it

Mike431635
12-26-2004, 12:46 AM
"Hop it up" ? lol

Your dad should be more concerned with your safety and ability to get around than you customizing your car.

Anyhow, good luck. 150 a month is a lot better than what I have.. I think it's like $5000 a year, but I totalled a 96 Mustang when I was 16 :( When I turn 19 (next August) it'll come off my record.

And yes, thats the best price I can get for just the most basic coverage you can possibly get. It sucks :(

undecided
12-26-2004, 02:34 AM
well yeah my dad doesnt want me to get a civic bc he knows im going to do stuff to it. but whatever one stupid mistake got me into that accident and i learned from it. it was one of those.. step back and take a deep breathe things, now i drive a lot safer.

im thinking about just buying the civic, fun lil car still has warranty on engine with 111k miles (he rebought the warranty)