PDA

View Full Version : headlight convertion v2.0

Rayme
11-14-2005, 04:51 PM
After summer 2003's "failure"...

http://www.pyxismedia.com/celica/projectors.jpg

I think next summer I'm going to try that...

http://www.pyxismedia.com/celica/xenarc_conversion.jpg

Should work better, and actually make a bright path ahead :bigthumbu

AllOutRed90
11-14-2005, 06:02 PM
that looks pretty good. Nice chop skills :)

hundredyardback
11-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Looks good, dude. What kind of car did you chop those lights off of?

Slider
11-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Looks like a pretty good, do you know what kind of light/beam pattern they put down? Since it looks like they're supposed to complement the low beams.

Have you looked into HID projectors, like these: http://www.hidplanet.com/bosch.html

heyman
11-14-2005, 10:09 PM
were did you take that pics ? looks like the trees took over the road !! cool !!!

Mister2T
11-14-2005, 10:23 PM
nice rayme, and everytime i see your car, makes me want the cs bumper even more

BlueDragon
11-15-2005, 05:32 AM
its OK looking, but cant we get a mod that only brings them up half way?? looks like they are all the ay up in that pic.... I want sleep eyes AND good road lighting. PLZ GOD WHY PLZ OH PLZ....

Arcias
11-15-2005, 09:48 AM
That's awesome, Rayme. I love the look of your "failed" headlight mod but this new one looks great too!

FWD88GT
11-15-2005, 10:47 AM
IF IT WILL WORK FOR A 4G i WOULD BUY MY OWN SET AND DO THE MOD AS WELL. THEY WOULD STILL GO UP AND DOWN AS USUAL RIGHT AND WOULD YOU HAVE TO DO A REGUALTOR MOD TO GET THEM TO BE SLEEPY EYES WHILE LITE UP.

Tommy91GT
11-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Hey Rayme, what about high Beams?

Galcobar
11-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Reading Sylvania's description of the Xenarc 1010 system, you'd be installing foglights in place of your headlights. Beam pattern would be more than a touch off.

And isn't the whole reason you considered your last attempt a failure the inappropriateness of a fog light lens for headlight purposes?

Rayme
11-15-2005, 11:06 PM
Reading Sylvania's description of the Xenarc 1010 system, you'd be installing foglights in place of your headlights. Beam pattern would be more than a touch off.

And isn't the whole reason you considered your last attempt a failure the inappropriateness of a fog light lens for headlight purposes?

Exactly, but these being real HID I can only think they'll work. The beam pattern of fog lights are basicly "driving light" with a sharp cut-off. I beleive these installed as standard fog lights would just flood the regular low beams. As for High beam I'm planning to "hide" driving light behind my grill, those are also basicly high beams(I tested that setup and it works). I will wire both to work with the stock headlight knobs.

I truely don't want to blind incoming traffic, but those being road legal HID I'm just going to assume that's because they passed DOT and SAE standards. And they won't be installed higher than say, fog lights on a pickup...

The pop-up will have modified mechanics, they won't go all the way up, only what needed, like that I did the first time.

Tommy91GT
11-16-2005, 07:49 AM
Kewl don't forget the write up

InitialD93
11-16-2005, 05:51 PM
"driving lights" have better focus and cut off than "fog lights" do... fog lights scatter the light more

Rayme
11-17-2005, 02:55 AM
"driving lights" have better focus and cut off than "fog lights" do... fog lights scatter the light more

driving lights have no cut-off, low-beam and fog lights do.

angryyoungnpoor
11-17-2005, 03:12 AM
These measure 3 by 6 inches.. ain't that a little narrow? Do they make longer kits. For some reason I don't imagine them being light enough. Very cool idea, and would be something I'd like to do though. around 300 bux for it too.. little pricey, but eh..