PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, Spud saying hi

Spud
12-02-2004, 12:21 AM
Goodevening gentlemen. It's an honor to check in. I was quite optimistic when Sean told me that there was another celica site being started up for guys a little more....hm....whats the word....maybe I shouldn't even try to use one, heh. Celica.net drove me away really, couldn't take all the bs any longer, but hey, most car sites are like that.

It's great to see a lot of guys here that I recognize, even though I haven't even looked around yet, Chris/Luni/Sean/John/Jeff, good to see you guys! I'm sure there's more too.

I've got two toyota's that I'm quite proud of. My daily driver which is a '91 celica GT. Here's a pic of her: http://www.ducktaperecords.com/celica/summerceli4.jpg

My fun car is one that I just picked up, a '93 MR2 turbo. I was very blessed to come accross this car, it's in beautiful shape. Here's some pics of her http://65.29.187.145/~ian/sites.html Main things to comment on are the exhaust, intake, boost controler running 15 lbs, tan leather interior, 17" wheels, and '94+ conversion.

It's great to be here guys! I look forward to posting with all of you. Peace

johnL
12-02-2004, 01:13 AM
Ian,

I am glad you got here. I thought you were gone. I know David said he talked to you every once in a great while. Congrats on the MR2!! It looks awesome.

So are you planning a Christmas break meet again? I had a blast last year!!

John L.

Spud
12-02-2004, 02:43 AM
Ian,

I am glad you got here. I thought you were gone. I know David said he talked to you every once in a great while. Congrats on the MR2!! It looks awesome.

So are you planning a Christmas break meet again? I had a blast last year!!

John L.

Hey there John! Ya haven't talked to ya in a while buddy. I stopped hanging around c.net a while ago sad to say. I have been posting on the MR2 boards pretty often recently, and I started posting again over at alltrac.net again, even though things are pretty slow there.

Should I do the meet again? I definitely had a great time, even though a lot of the guys were a little less than social....my dad actually offered for me to use their place again, I have a condo in Brookfield now, I guess I could hold it here too. What do ya think?

johnL
12-02-2004, 03:04 AM
Its up to you I guess. I enjoyed my conversation with your dad to be honest. You could be honored in holding the first celicatech.com meet!! Let us know.

John L.

Gary
12-02-2004, 04:37 AM
Wassup Ian. How is the 2 doing? :-)

Spud
12-02-2004, 06:29 AM
Gary!! hey its good to see you here man. you're my hero Gary

The 2 is doing great. It snowed last night :( :( so she'll be in the garage for a while now.....at least I get to shine her up real well for the next time I get to take it out....

Luni
12-02-2004, 07:11 AM
y0 dude. did you go by a different name somewhere else that id recognize you by?

Regardless welcome dude. Hopefully this place will be as good as we want it to be.

Sean
12-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Welcome Spud! This place is going to be such a great resource of technical information! Might i also add, with minimial bullshit to sort through :D

Cant wait to watch you progress that two of yours! You've gotta keep us updates on your future plans and what not.

Spud
12-02-2004, 03:58 PM
y0 dude. did you go by a different name somewhere else that id recognize you by?

Regardless welcome dude. Hopefully this place will be as good as we want it to be.

Thank you......No I've always gone by Spud. I posted quite a bit over at c.net, in the forced induction and in the 5th gen forums. I usually stayed away form the bigger more roudy threads though, heh....

Sean: Thanks buddy. Ya I really look forward to doing some work on it. Curently I'm considering getting an EMS first so that I have all the bases covered from the computer stand point.....and then getting my mods from there bit by bit. My goal is mid 300whp range....

Playfortoday
12-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Hey spud! I thought john and I were the social guys!! :D Eventhough I drove, got lost, showed up late, and left within a couple hours, it was still worth it for the grub, lol. I promise you won't nor any other member with find drama here. This site is for tech, fun, and community. I am up for the break meet. I have a certain stripped gts to crush ;)

johnL
12-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Jay,

Why do you have to pick on a GTS (ice box with wheels)that does not have heat for the driver? Its 20 freaking degrees out. Oh, and one more thing. The block for the 3SGTE is sitting in Jeff's garage and the head should be on its way next week. So with the 5SFE still in there, I will get crushed.

Still we need a meet on the break!!!

John L.

Playfortoday
12-02-2004, 06:20 PM
I will host one, at my new shop if you guys want; but that means WI coming to IL. LOL

johnL
12-02-2004, 06:34 PM
Don't worry, the Packers are coming down there to kick the Bears rear end in a few weeks.

I say we should start the ball rolling on the meet. If not enough people can make it, just cancel. (CANCEL v. To annul or invalidate) Reschduel (change a date of a temporally organized plan for matters to be attended to). Just wanted to make that in black and white so you don't jump all over me Jay. :p

John L.

Playfortoday
12-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Haha! No one is jumping on you. We just need to rescedule with more than a 1.5 week notice, lol. :rolleyes:

johnL
12-02-2004, 07:36 PM
:D

So, check your calender. What day would work best for you?

John L.

Spud
12-02-2004, 08:05 PM
lol, man this thread got out of control fast :) I'd love to host a meet again, could do the brats/burgers again etc. You guys are probably the two man ones besides david, what weekend would be good? Unless Jay is actually seriously about IL, heh. Lets do it though, have to come up with e date pretty quick, not much time for people to plan now

Playfortoday
12-02-2004, 08:08 PM
I has got to be a saturday or sunday obviously. Here or there is fine. I have a garage that fits 5-6 cars if held here, but I have no way of knowing how many garage spaces will contain customer cars. I am up for the drive though, and this time the guy that came with me will have his mr2 turbo. His name was Ralph. I want to make sure he comes too.

johnL
12-02-2004, 08:12 PM
I don't know what dates are good for everyone. I am pretty much open on every weekend right now atleast. I agree we need to pick a day soon. Who wants to host it? Ian or Jay. Let me know if you want me to bring anything. I am sure we could get a good number to join us this year!!

John L.

Spud
12-02-2004, 08:17 PM
well if I host it it'll be at my parents place in racine again. More room there, quieter roads, and closer for the IL people too. Ya the 2 is welcome, I say we just make it a toyota meet, I know a couple other 2 guys around here that would come, as well as celicas/tracs. I'd be happy to hold it at my parents place (my dad actually asked if you guys were coming back, haha). I would pretty much have to do it on a sunday, because I work every other day. I vote for January 2nd. I'm gone the 19th, the sunday before it is too soon, and the sunday after it is Christmas. so.......Sunday January 2nd, in Racine?

johnL
12-02-2004, 08:22 PM
If we do it on a sunday can we have it start later in the afternoon? Some people will have a long drive to make there. I was thinking around 2pm start till everyone says its time to go.?. I will not be able to make it till 2pm if it starts at that time or not. Ian, you still have the trampoline set up? :D

John L.

Playfortoday
12-02-2004, 08:29 PM
OK, let's do a tentative Jan. 2nd in Racine, WI with a 2 o'clock start time. Ian can you run with this? (make a post in NC forum) Thanks.

Spud
12-03-2004, 12:20 AM
OK, let's do a tentative Jan. 2nd in Racine, WI with a 2 o'clock start time. Ian can you run with this? (make a post in NC forum) Thanks.
you got it. January 2nd. 2 PM start time at my place down in racine. I'll start posting around.....MR2 boards, here, alltrac. Where else should I post?