PDA

View Full Version : Ran 2 Evo's, wrx, and eclipse last weekend

fiveSFE
11-12-2005, 06:57 PM
i went to a spot wehre everyone meets up at, when i got there everyone was about to head out to the illegals in about 10 minutes, so i debated if i should go or not, i ended up going down there just for the hell of it, it was like a 10 minute drive on the highway from where we were at, on the way down there a 2nd generation eclipse with a big 16g, fmic and supporting mods pulled up next to me, so we went from 80ish, i didnt downshift into 4th he pulled ahead of me for a second then i caught up and passed him, by about 125 or so i was just about 2 cars ahead of him then i slowed down.

so we get to the "illegals" and i just watched, where they were racing was just kind of stupid, they wree going over a hill so it is hard to tell if anyone is drivng towards you. we were out for about 45 minutes till a cop showed up, i was the first person out of there, lol, on the way back on the highway a modded WRX that was racing some evo's at the illegals started messing around with me, i didnt downshift and he got a head start on me, but i started pulling him in quickly, but we both stopped at about 135. Im at the head of the pack and there is jsut aobut no traffic, then a stock evo with a temp tag pulls next to me, this time i downshfit into 4th gear and i immediatly pull a car ahead of him, i shift at 115 into 5th and he is 3 cars behind, i hit 130 and by this time i think he just stopped, i kept on going because my car was pullling amazingly strong at that speed so i took it to 140 and let it coast back down to 80ish.

Later on that night at another spot i started talking to a guy in a blue evo that my friends wanted me to race, his mods were intake, full 3 inch exhuast, mines ecu reflash, hks 272/272 cams and hks cam gears, we did a second gear roll, all threw second he was a half car ahead of me, by the time we hit 80 there was a car lenght inbetween my front and his back bumper. i was really surprized that i did that well with him, we are going to have a rematch the next time we meet, since then i have upgraded from my small 16g to my t3/t4 50-trim.

Cliffnotes:raced a 2g eclipse w/ big 16, fmic, supporting mods on highway and beat him badly, on way back raced a stock evo beat him very badly and hit 140 and car was still pulling strong, later that night raced a modded evo wit hks cams, intake exhuast and relash-lost by a car lenght.

fiveSFE
11-12-2005, 07:01 PM
and i talked to the guy with the evo last night, when him and his friend wit the wrx that i raced came over to check out was i had under my hood, and the guy wit the evo claimed he was just messing around, and the wrx guy made up some other excuse about his gearing.

then they challenged me on a mountain road, which i know pretty damn well, and my tires are brand new and very sticky, but i had to refuse becuase of my gas situation, i told them maybe next time though.

KoreanJoey
11-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Street racing = fucking stupid.

angryyoungnpoor
11-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Street racing = fucking stupid.

Comment= fucking unneeded. If you don't like it.. don't comment. We've already had these conversations.

Lagos
11-12-2005, 08:32 PM
sounds like fun, but im not really feeling the 100-140mph racing :spank:

fiveSFE
11-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Comment= fucking unneeded. If you don't like it.. don't comment. We've already had these conversations.

thanks angryyoungnpoor

yeah now that i think back at it, i shouldnt of gone up to those speeds, but it was a spur of the moment type of thing where the car was running perfectly which it rarely does except like on the way home from work on a monday night...lol.

im starting to back off of the street racing thing, i still go out and watch and hang out with all the people, but i rarely race now, because alot of the times the risk isnt worth it.

on another note i saw a turbo rsx last night run into a curb last ngiht, he was racing a gsr powered civic coupe and as he passed all of us( we were standing in a parking lot) he thought someone yelled cop so he slammed on his brakes and tried turning into a small street, he went straight and jumped the curb.

angryyoungnpoor
11-14-2005, 06:46 AM
How big is your intercooler.. with the bumper having such little open-ness, seems like it'd drag it down.. Do they have other bumpers that breathe a little easier?

fiveSFE
11-14-2005, 07:44 PM
its pretty big
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/fiveSFE/94051442437_3300_1.jpg

im thinking of chopping up my bumper to get more air to the i/c, thats what alot of people are doing. but i dont like the attention that the i/c has when its easily visiable, idrove it around with the bumper off for a couple days and everybody turned and looked. Where i live stuff gets stolen constantly

fiveSFE
11-14-2005, 07:46 PM
it still works very well wit the bumper on it though.