PDA

View Full Version : Brake job on Gt

dredd
11-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Changing pads this weekend. Never done this myself. Should be easy but...I can't see, with the wheels on, what type of screws (hex or star) bolt the shoes on. There is nothing on the outside of the shoe that seem like it would secure things. Am I missing something? All I need to do is replace the pads.

Lagos
11-11-2005, 07:23 PM
you have a GT, meaning that you have all disk brakes. here is something that might help you out. http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchive/bgbonline/94_6gmanual/brake%20system.pdf

Galcobar
11-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Remove the wheel, remove the caliper, pull the pads out by hand (maybe a screwdriver to help lever them out). Ridiculously easy, actually. Was my first venture into car repair and if it weren't for a friend's brother in law who thought the best way to get the car off a too-tall bottle jack was to kick the jack out while my hand was between the car and a screw jack I was going to use to pul the car off the bottle jack, it would have been an encouraging bit of work. Instead...I got rather paranoid about working with other people, which isn't good when you don't know what you're doing.

dredd
11-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Thanks all