PDA

View Full Version : Dash Lighting

Super Shadow
11-09-2005, 05:53 AM
A while ago I blew my instrument light rheostat. Today I just installed a new one and not everyhting lights up on my dash like I had hoped. Only a few things light up: the mileage dials, rear defroster button and cigaret lighter ring. I don't know if my gauges light up b/c I have gauge overlays on them. If anybody knows what the culprit would be please help. I would love to have my dash back.

Super Shadow
11-10-2005, 06:35 AM
could it be possible that those bulbs were blown out, or could it be a blown wire somewhere. Is it possible to replace the ones for the needles or would I have to but a new gauge cluster.

Punisher
11-10-2005, 06:50 AM
There are no specific bulbs for the needles.. It's all off of the back lighting.. it's possible those bulbs are shot.

Super Shadow
11-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Well I find it wierd that some of my heater control lights are out and my milage number light up. I have to check what bulbs in put in the gauges tomorrow

White91GT
11-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Check to see if you installed all the bulbs correctly. I had that problem when I did my gauge overlays. There should be 6 or 7 twist contact bulb behind the gauges.

Super Shadow
11-11-2005, 07:38 AM
How exactly are the needles lit up? I put in new bulbs and the needles still don't seem to light up correctly. There is light comming from the bottom of the cluster and it reflects off of my aluminum bezel and my overlays. is this how the needles are lit up or are they lit up from behind?