PDA

View Full Version : Aircon gremlin - need advice !

Classique71
12-22-2004, 11:16 AM
hi guys - recently had my aircon checked out ( to find 2 leaks )

In the process of testing , they found what appears to be an electrical gremlin , where the clutch for the aircon compressor wont engage ..

Now during testing , they only put a small amlount of gas in to search for leaks - could this be affecting the pressure switch on the system ( ie needs to have more gas in it to engage ) or can someone suggest a solution

We could get the clutch to engage by runnign it straight from 12v source ( i think ) but not on its own

Cheers - Stuart

david in germany
12-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Sounds to me like it is the pressure switch. If the 12v positive activated the compressor then that rules out a falt there. Refill it (should take 2 cans) and about $12. and then with pressure on the system it should engage. BUT WHY DO YOU NEED IT? IT IS WINTER!
David

Playfortoday
12-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Sounds to me like it is the pressure switch. If the 12v positive activated the compressor then that rules out a falt there. Refill it (should take 2 cans) and about $12. and then with pressure on the system it should engage. BUT WHY DO YOU NEED IT? IT IS WINTER!
David

It is summer in Australia f00! me---> :slap: <---David

2-YOTA
12-23-2004, 04:36 AM
There are several conditions that affect the operation of the A/C system.

If the A/C amplifier receives ANY of the following signals, it will operate to turn off the air conditioner:
- engine high rpm signal
- coolant high temp. signal is high
- a signal that the temperature at the air outlet is low
- a signal that the refrigerant pressure is abnormally high or low (which is probably whats happening in your case).

Repair your leaks and fill 'er up and try again! Good luck!

Classique71
12-23-2004, 10:08 AM
Cheers for the reply

Im Dying out here with no aircon - 35 Degrees celcius today - and a hot northerly wind !

i have all my new hoses ready to go in - and get the system resealed , and nods i think its the ppressure switch - just throwing out for other possibles.

i need to get it runnign so my Standalone ECU can get tuned in and get some serious power happening !

suprPHREAK
12-23-2004, 11:07 PM
It is summer in Australia f00! me---> :slap: <---David

OWNED!! hahahahah!

david in germany
12-24-2004, 09:33 AM
I :bowdown: and request forgiveness.... :D
I actualy looked to the left and didn't see a location befor I posted but I failed to look at the profile :hehe:
Cold n wet here!
David

Luis C
12-26-2004, 04:39 PM
There are several conditions that affect the operation of the A/C system.

If the A/C amplifier receives ANY of the following signals, it will operate to turn off the air conditioner:
- engine high rpm signal
- coolant high temp. signal is high
- a signal that the temperature at the air outlet is low
- a signal that the refrigerant pressure is abnormally high or low (which is probably whats happening in your case).

Repair your leaks and fill 'er up and try again! Good luck!

May I add:
- no engine RPM signal (RPM sensor on my compressor was damaged, so compressor would engage/disengage ramdomly)
- Blocked expasion valve, will not allow coolant flow thus creating an abonormaly high preassure inside the system shutting it off.
- Faulty compressor wiring (happened to me too), engine heat had charred almost all A/C compressor wires and plugs so the amplifier was not reading clear signals.

Just my 0.02 cents
Luis C.