PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen my 'ol 81 Celica GT?

Toyota_Todd
11-02-2005, 01:09 PM
I sold the car about 3 years ago to a person I work with and he sold it again about 2 years ago. It was a black 81 Celica GT coupe with 22R, Mikuni dual sidedraft carbs, big cam, Konis, TRD Springs, Supertrapp muffler, and a bunch more stuff. It was supposedly sold to a guy in WV and he was going to turn it into a drifter. Has anyone seen this car? Just would like to keep tabs on the old girl...as she was my first love. :squint:

david in germany
11-02-2005, 02:05 PM
My 1st was a 79 GT with the luggage rack on the back... Sexy as you could imagine... :( Totaled by a GMC pickup....

blck87gtconv
11-06-2005, 10:41 AM
I sold the car about 3 years ago to a person I work with and he sold it again about 2 years ago. It was a black 81 Celica GT coupe with 22R, Mikuni dual sidedraft carbs, big cam, Konis, TRD Springs, Supertrapp muffler, and a bunch more stuff. It was supposedly sold to a guy in WV and he was going to turn it into a drifter. Has anyone seen this car? Just would like to keep tabs on the old girl...as she was my first love. :squint:
You might try the Old Celica Club list. Might also ask the folks at celica-gts.com. My car's previous owner was on the OCC, so alot of the folks at celica-gts said, "that setup sounds awfuly familiar to me.. " when I registered and posted my intro.

Good luck.

Toyota_Todd
11-12-2005, 02:16 PM
I found my 'ol 81 Celica :bigthumbu

http://aro.classic-celica.com/index.php

http://aro.classic-celica.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album266&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

If the 2nd link does not work. Go into the Left Hand column "Hot Celicas Gallery" and then into 2nd gen.

Its the sexy black one with the round fogs. I still can't believe I sold her. :(

It seems that the new owner has not done anything drastic, just a nice Momo steering wheel addition.

Don't you just hate it when you have to let one go....

Laterz, Toyota Todd

I was compact, when compact wasn't cool. :hehe: