PDA

View Full Version : project celicas

evilcel
10-28-2005, 04:34 PM
Ok, well I was checking my usual sites and I came across 2 celicas for sale on craigslist. They are as follows:

93 Toyota Celica GT parts car - $600
*I have a celica gt that the tranny started acting up so it got parked, the motor is a 4cyl and runs great, the seats and most of the body parts are good too. If you need any parts let me know and i will check it out.

Toyota Celica GT 89" - $300
*Last chance to get this project car....I heve no keys ,starts butr the motor knocks body good conditions 22RE MOTOR.. O.B.O CALL ME AND MAKE AN OFFER

I posted in fifth gen because Im looking more twards the 93 since I own a 91.
I emailed the guy with the 93 and this what he said-
*no title, that is why it is a parts car, gt coupe, sunroof, automatic tranny, and it acts like the torque convertor is/has gone out. motor is a big 4cyl, body could use some work and inside is dirty and could be cleaned up....

I like the "big 4cyl" comment, anyway Im posting because I cant decide if I wannt take one of these... did forth gens come in gt hatchback? I would rather have a hatch than another coupe. If the tranny IS the only problem would it be worth it to put my manual tranny in? If worse comes to worse, I'll buy one or the other and put it in storage till I could afford to do somthing with it.

alltracman78
10-28-2005, 04:57 PM
4th g did come in GT hatch. I had one as my first Celica.
But, they did not have the 22RE in them.
Should be either the 2-SE or maybe 3S-FE

On the 5th g, if you already have everything you need for a manual swap, why not?
Look the car over good first though. What good condition is to some people is not the same as others....

hundredyardback
10-28-2005, 05:16 PM
On the 5th gen:

You can drop a tranny in there for <500 yourself. If that is the only problem with the car then:

600+500=1100 (which is a steal for a decent running 5th unless its got like a billion miles on it)

Can anyone answer me this: how do you buy a parts car with no title and then get a title for it? Is that what salvage titles are for? What is the process to get one in the respective states that you live in?

creech_r
10-28-2005, 05:30 PM
On the 5th gen:

You can drop a tranny in there for <500 yourself. If that is the only problem with the car then:

600+500=1100 (which is a steal for a decent running 5th unless its got like a billion miles on it)

Can anyone answer me this: how do you buy a parts car with no title and then get a title for it? Is that what salvage titles are for? What is the process to get one in the respective states that you live in?

HA...Funny you should ask...the easiest way is to find out the story of the car. Using the VIN you can find out who the registered owner is (if you can't then find someone who can (DMV worker or something) they might not just give you the info). Locate said title owner (or bank with the lien on the car if that's the case) and have the lien released (if present) and then have it signed over to you by the original owner. Now, in the instance that you've got a lien against the car, the bank can be nice to you and choose to fill out a Reposession and reassignment form and within 1-2 pages release the lien and sign the car over to you. Too bad wells fargo in boise refuses to do this...bastards, make my life more difficult, woot. I've heard you can get some sort of temp title and sit on the car for 3 years or something...but i've not confirmed it, nor am i going to risk it.

evilcel
11-03-2005, 12:04 AM
well the guy dropped the price on the 93, he claims it still runs, and is only asking $400 now. Im gonna try to look at it tomorrow, at worst I'll be out there on saturday.

Mister2T
11-03-2005, 02:19 AM
good luck