PDA

View Full Version : Window Cleaner

91CelicaGT13
10-28-2005, 05:50 AM
I would just like your guys/girls opinions on window cleaner, and which you have had the best experience with. Right now, I know that I'm an idiot, but this Armor All shit makes my windows fog up. So if you guys have any suggestions I would really appreciate it. :bigthumbu

Sean
10-28-2005, 05:55 AM
I personally have the best results with a microfiber towel, or newspaper. As far as which product, I've always had great success with Stoner's glass cleaner.

Are your window's tinted?

Tips:

Wash glass more then once.
Dont clean window's in direct sunlight, it may cause the cleaner to evaporate, which will leave residual fluid, a haze that will fog.
Lastly, be sure to clean your wiper blades as well.

sloceli
10-28-2005, 06:22 AM
Also if you windows are tinted DONT use ammonia based cleaner, it causes that purple hue.

schmooot
10-29-2005, 03:50 AM
stoner invisible glass ftw. that stuff is awesome, its like your window isnt even there lol

Galcobar
11-01-2005, 01:18 AM
:stupid:

Latro21
02-15-2006, 09:40 AM
see i didnt have good results with stoners invisible glass-it was a lil hazy and i was using a microfiber towel. i think that the windows were just really really cruddy tho cuz they look good now

the best tho is just plain ol windex

schmooot
02-16-2006, 05:06 AM
see i didnt have good results with stoners invisible glass-it was a lil hazy and i was using a microfiber towel. i think that the windows were just really really cruddy tho cuz they look good now

the best tho is just plain ol windex

well there's your problem. use newspaper, not newsprint...and not fliers....or a cheap free press....has to be a bigger newspaper...not a micro-fiber towel...I guarantee it will be a different outcome

Audi90Quattro
02-22-2006, 07:23 PM
You can also use coffee filters. I've always had great success with some Stoners and a few coffee filters. News paper also works well, but like Schmooot said dont use the glossy print. I've never had any luck with Windex, always streaked for me.

If you have a problem with streaking or hazing try using just a dry cloth, or polishing cloth and buff the windows afterwards. I've never seen any streaks after a small buffing session.

AznKlique
02-24-2006, 04:44 AM
So does anyone know the reason why newpapers work so well instead of regular paper towels? I don't get it...

mtp_69_i
02-24-2006, 05:05 AM
newspaper is the gear for windows and don't use Armour All on the plastic protecting the gauges on your dash - i reckon it makes it smudge, not clear at all.

Galcobar
02-25-2006, 05:35 AM
Hardness of the fibres -- paper towels are designed to be absorbent, so they have soft fibres capable of holding molecules of water between them. Newspapers cut dirt off the surface, which is why they are not good for waxing your car.

RallyK
02-26-2006, 01:15 AM
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5517&highlight=Invisible+Glass

We've already talked about this.

If your windows are super dirty, clean with water or soapy water THEN use invisible glass. It's the best stuff out there. I just use paper towels. If you do it right there won't be any fibers or smudges.

d1alltrac
03-14-2006, 10:41 AM
outside--windex and newspaper
inside---stoner and newspaper

i actually prefer windex but i cant use it on tint :(