PDA

View Full Version : supra motor?!?!??! wut the hell

Ricksta
10-27-2005, 04:56 AM
so i was just in the mod section of celicatech....and went into engines...saw this big ass list of motors...and one im particularly intrested in the 1jz motor...which is ya the badass supra motor....i was under the influence u couldnt do that swap...well tahts wut tamparacing.com told me

Colossus20v
10-27-2005, 05:23 AM
you can do it in a 1st-3rd gen I believe.

cosmic_sombrero
10-27-2005, 05:31 AM
you can do it in a 1st-3rd gen I believe.

Thats my impression as well. A big straight 6 wouldn't fit between the strut towers transversely mounted, but longitudinally it should be fine (ricksta - the 1st through 3rd gen Celicas were RWD).

And oh my that would be fun in a first gen.

Punisher
10-27-2005, 05:33 AM
2JZ baby!

AllOutRed90
10-27-2005, 01:53 PM
yea, the BIG powerful SUPRA motor, was a 2jz-GTE

alltracman78
10-27-2005, 02:16 PM
2JZ-TTE 3.0l
1JZ-TTE 2.5l

Basically the same engine, just different displacement.

With enough $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ [which you seem to think you have] you can swap anything.

But for all practical purposes, no, neither will fit in your car.

Oh, and the 1JZ is swapped alot into the older Toyotas 'cause it fits better. The 3rd g Supras for instance.

AND, this does not belong in the 5th g forum.
Please post in the appropriate section next time. :)

Ricksta
10-27-2005, 10:00 PM
i have a 5th gen car...it was a question towards my 5th gen car.......so it belonged in a 5th gen forum

alltracman78
10-27-2005, 10:16 PM
In that case it would belong in custom...
Just like swap questions belong in FI.
ect. ect.

90CelicaST
10-27-2005, 10:38 PM
Then what would belong in 5th Gen specific. If you have a problem it should be under maintenance/troubleshooting...pictures of your car in multimedia/members rides...swapped cars in FI or NA....What is 5th generation specific?

alltracman78
10-28-2005, 02:08 AM
Anything pertaining directly to 5th gens.
Some things can be posted in several forums.
Like if you were having trouble with your brakes.
Or the 5th gen trouble shooting questions people always ask.

But swapping a 2JZ really isn't. Even though it's into a 5th g.
Same with pics/movies.

It's kind of a gray area.
Which is one reason you have us [mods]. :)

GT4SOM
10-28-2005, 02:53 AM
In a fifth gen its maybe impossible. I think maybe in a st185 with a rwd setup, that maybe slightly possible.

Ricksta
10-28-2005, 03:26 AM
yea im just going to stick with buyin that 3s here soon

alltracman78
10-28-2005, 02:48 PM
In a fifth gen its maybe impossible. I think maybe in a st185 with a rwd setup, that maybe slightly possible.

It would be slightly easier in a ST185.
Which is still pretty much impossible.

A inline 6 is too damn long. Our engine bay is not near long enough.

AllOutRed90
10-28-2005, 11:23 PM
And thats why you spend lots of money, make new front end rails, and make it longer...

but whats the point?

jdmac44
11-01-2005, 09:34 AM
there's always the dude in Australia who put a V8 out of a Soarer (Lexus SC400) in his GT4, but of course he had to move his firewall back. If I were to go through the trouble I'd go for the V8 and make sure it's a 98 or later, that year the bhp went up from 250 to 290 ;)

Sean
11-01-2005, 09:52 AM
Its a good thought, but its just not worth the effort IMHO.

Remember Ricksta, great rule of thumb for both cars, and the world; Anything can happen if you throw enough money at it. Got it? :)

Ricksta
11-02-2005, 03:03 AM
well the only reason im going to dump all this money into the celi is because if i get a new car(and if i did it would be an rx8) i would have 1000 dollars a month in car bills alone. and im going to own my car in a few months and i'll finally get my insurance down. i would like to have less bills in the long run so i can spend more cash on shit i dont need..lol

GT4SOM
11-02-2005, 03:20 AM
Well just to bring this back to life, How much of a custom job would it be? If a guy fit a v8 into a 185 engine bay, would a 2j or a 7m be much more longer to not fit? Even if this guy pounded the firewall back. If I had money to blow I would definately give it a shot. If the 2j fails then I would do the v8, haha.

Luni
11-02-2005, 05:18 AM
Oh by the way its GTE... 1JZ or 2JZ-GTE not TTE. There is no T series head

And yes, its a swap you can perform in a 1st - 3rd gen celica/supra and a MK3 supra (dont know why youd want that swap in an MK4).

hobbie2k
11-02-2005, 07:28 AM
As for swaps into early Celicas there are a lot of options. From 3sgte to a Chevy small block, but the FWD Celicas don't have that flexibility due to their transverse layout. Really your only swap option without major (and expensive) customization is the 3sgte...fortunately, the 3sgte is a brilliant motor so I'm sure you'll be more than satisfied with it.

If you really want 6cyl torque and a slightly different package, your best choice is probably the 1mzfe, which I know was done by someone on c.net, dunno if they're on this board (for some reason I'm thinking of Murgatroy?). Then if you want forced induction there's the TRD supercharger option.

It's a lot tougher than a 3sgte swap, but far simpler than a jz.

creech_r
11-03-2005, 11:40 PM
As for swaps into early Celicas there are a lot of options. From 3sgte to a Chevy small block, but the FWD Celicas don't have that flexibility due to their transverse layout. Really your only swap option without major (and expensive) customization is the 3sgte...fortunately, the 3sgte is a brilliant motor so I'm sure you'll be more than satisfied with it.

If you really want 6cyl torque and a slightly different package, your best choice is probably the 1mzfe, which I know was done by someone on c.net, dunno if they're on this board (for some reason I'm thinking of Murgatroy?). Then if you want forced induction there's the TRD supercharger option.

It's a lot tougher than a 3sgte swap, but far simpler than a jz.

It would be a tough swap but there are a few that have done the 3.0L camry v6 swap. I was contemplating doing this to the alltrac once i get it, but for now a 3s-gte will do just fine. Eventually though, my dream would be to put the Camry v-6 (sleeved Al block, weighs almost the same as the 3sgte from what i've been told) with a twin sequential turbo setup. just for shits and giggles. someday...if i'm not rallying the sucker for that is another dream.