PDA

View Full Version : 1987 rx-7 turbo II

undecided
12-21-2004, 05:33 PM
Im thinking of buying one that's in my neighborhood. it has a "60k on a jap spec engine" and a new clutch. I saw some picts and it looks like it's in great condition.

I'm going to take a look at it today..

i hear these cars suck on reliability? is this the truth? how many more miles does this engine have before it needs a rebuild?

im thinking about just buying a whole new car bc it's damn 800 dollars to replace the clutch on my celica and why not just put the extra grand plus a few for the rx-7 (2500)

mikeswickednick
12-21-2004, 08:19 PM
yeah, they will run till about 90-120k then its time for a rebiuld... but the rebiuld isnt to hard. they suck on gas milage. but they are concidered a midrange car so u know its going to be an awesome handler

-Mike

medivh66
12-22-2004, 04:20 AM
its not that they are unreliable. it just that most people dont know how to take care of them

undecided
12-22-2004, 05:18 AM
so they take a lot more work, i hear keep oil levels perfect, check every 2 days let 'em warm up b4 u go driving, keep the cooling system perfect as well, also be prepared to change lots of plugs .. does this sound pretty correct? also don't ever shut down b4 engine is warm, or ull flood it. to get it to start up again unplug some cable and crank it over the plug it back in.

fiveSFE
12-29-2004, 03:08 AM
that sounds like a lot of work, i wouldnt touch it