PDA

View Full Version : DIY Shortshifter: How *I* did it. (No Pics)

90CelicaST
10-26-2005, 03:18 AM
First, I cut an inch and a half long section out of the top, above the ball and below the threads. I rewelded that section back together to get a shorter height. Then I cut the section under the ball in half and welded in a half of an inch of what I cut off of the top. It looked funky, but it worked. I had to add a few washers on the base of the assembly to keep the bottom from hitting the chassis. I may need to add a few more on one side to keep the left arm of the shifter from hitting. Sorry I don't have any pictures. I didn't have a camera and was in a hurry. I can always take pictures of the finished product if it need be. Someone can send me a picture of the stock shifter and I will modify it in paint to show how to do it.
--YOTA--

hombredelassrtas
11-03-2005, 06:41 PM
kidna curious as well. I have a twm so wont be doing this but liek custom work ;) Done int he past somone jsut cut the top off shorter. But this isnt an actual short shifter becsaue u have to modify the bottom liek it sounds u did. That way u can add leverage as well as shorter throws. woudl be col to see pics :) u can find pics of some on ebay or NC.org

90CelicaST
11-05-2005, 06:22 AM
I know where to get some pictures of what I did, but it's not my actual picture. I think it might be Adrian's