PDA

View Full Version : - Thoughts?

Sean
10-24-2005, 02:29 AM
Lets get some action in here, I want intelligent, well thought out responses.

So its very clear that many people/members are strongly against “street racing”. Street racing does seem to be the newest high for thousands of people on the latest of nights. Street racing has claimed many lives, from the innocent couple walking, to the adrenaline junkie himself behind the wheel. Yet in my eyes, there seems to be another type of spirited driving that is being classified similarly to highly illegal, street racing. Spirited driving in my eyes is having a little, sensible fun. Being car enthusiasts and tuners, its very easy to test out the performance of your car in everyday life. Its steadily apparent that performance of cars is very important to a lot of people, considering the large focus of nearly ever automobile manufactures to campaign on performance numbers alone.

Washington DC has around 600,000 occupants in 2002. In Washington DC, 2004, 727,000 arrests were made in relation to marijuana. Laws are laws, they were crafted by a minority population and expected to be widely welcomed by all who inhabits this land. Speeding is breaking the law, smoking pot is breaking the law. Do a lot of people do both? Its blatantly apparent with the arrest rates and the large income for our states from traffic citations alone.

So, my point? I’m tired of being looked down upon because I enjoy my car for the reason I built it. I hand selected parts to make my car perform the way I intended it to, and I plan on driving it the way I built it, skillfully. In a 70mph section today, I cruised a monotonous 3 hours. This trip was interrupted by 2 buzzing 5 series BMW’s, and an Audi S4. They were clipping at around 90mph, and I decided to join them. Traffic was very light, and the road conditions were fair. Am I a terrible person for testing my car a bit? Me and the S4 continually accelerated from 60-110 in about 4 occasions. Notice I did not ask am I guilty for pushing my car to the limits, because I’m sensible enough to never come to those limits without proper preparation and protocol.

So, did I sin? Am I guilty?? Could I really go to a track on a daily basis? Perhaps I should ship my car to Nurburg*?

I personally think it comes down to common sense, being conscious of exactly what your doing, and knowing the ultimate outcomes for every possible scenario. Because I feel I understand this, I will freely admit to being guilty of enjoying my car, now where’s my Ganja at? :cool:

fiveSFE
10-24-2005, 05:48 AM
good post

last night just about every person that goes out and cruises here in tucson headed down to a gas station, and i saw some of the stupidest driving ever, car weaving in and out of other cars, i almost got hit twice by cars that were going to fast when i was trying to switch lanes and i didnt see them coming from way behind, i agree if commen sense(sp?) is involved then go for it.

Murgatroy
10-24-2005, 12:07 PM
I am guilty of 'Spirited Driving.' Spirited driving is a glorious time where Chaos and I are alone in our own little world. It normally involves some old nearly deserted mountain roads and high rates of speed. I love to go out to some back wood stick and just let her dog it. She enjoys it as well. These events always occur when I am alone in the car and I have not seen another car for a long while. I do not act a fool with a passenger. As for the interstate, yeah, I will get on the freeway and let her go. I tooled from Cinci to Lexington in the triple digits the entire way. The highway was desolate, I had my radar detector and the radio going. I saw maybe 4 cars in the hour trip.

I have seen too many ppl that act out in heavy traffic, trying to show they have mad skillz or a dope ride with all the tricks. To those ppl, I hope you go out alone in the country and try it, and never come back. There is nothing funny, skillful, or cool about endangering someone else's life. If you want to risk yours, go for it. The high speed buzzes on the interstate, the stop light runs where you just have to get ahead of that Civic, regardless of the bitch yapping on her cellphone not paying the least bit of attention to either one of you or any of the other cars on the road, foolishness. I am aware that many of you can not afford to go to the track, while I call bullshit on that for many reasons, I am willing to admit that it is not always feasible. There is not always a track near by, you can't always pass tech, you aren't always running your best, and they aren't always open at 3 a.m. after you finally get your header mated to your exhaust and want to see what that baby can do.

However there are ways that you can go out and do things without endagering other ppl. I don't care where you live, there is someplace that is out of the way, I don't care if you have to drive an hour to get there. The interstate at 3 a.m. is a good place, follow it out of town, wait till there are no lights, turn your fuzzbuster up all the way, and put her to the floor. I do not condone these acts for the faint of heart, the cowardly, the foolish or the boi racers. But if you are an auto enthusiast, you know where to go.

If you see a pair of flashing baby blues in your mirror, you know what you are supposed to do? Pull the fuck over, grab your ankles, and take it like a man. You were breaking the law, you knew full damn well what you were doing, and you deserve what is coming to you. This is coming from a man who has paid out more than $10,000 in fines, tickets and court costs. I was guilty of every damn bit of it.

As for those of you who might be confused as to this post coming from me, the most outspoken anti-streetracer on the board, take a moment to re-read. There is a large difference between Street Racing and Spirited Driving. Both are illegal. For good reason. They are both dangerous. But they are as different as night and day. One is done for the love of your automobile, the countless hours you have spent tuning, dreaming and spending. The other is done for a 10 minute high and bragging rights for those who just can't handle someone talking shit to them.

If you love your car and you have to see what it can do, go to the track, get the numbers to back it up, when someone talks shit to you at the local gas station, ask to see thier slip, if they don't have one, they aren't worth your time, and they are gonna get you in trouble. If it is that important, set up a date to go to the strip for a grudge match, any Private Owned strip should have one, and if they don't, get a few dozen of your friends together to ask them, an owner has to cover his losses for the EMTs and Rescue, but if he can make a profit, it might happen.

Cliffnotes:

Spirited Driving- The challenge of a man and car to see what the two can do within the confines of the street in the safest manner possible. See also; Auto Enthusiast, Car Nut and Adult.

Street Racing- Adrenaline Junkies attempting to see who is faster regardless of thier surroundings. See also; Ricer, Racer Bois and Moron.

Sean
10-24-2005, 08:39 PM
Listen, if you dont keep it clean, I will not allow you to post in this thread.

Exactly Murg, thats exactly what I was hoping to hear from other members. My main complaint, is that I dont want to be grouped into the street racing mold, a mold that is notorious for being scolded. Im not some little street racing punk looking to make money. Though i do enjoy the G's of acceleration!

I think the problem lies in the fact that a lot of these stories involve immature people (not just kids) that dont really realize the responsiblity of their actions. It sucks that people cant always exhibit common sense, and that some people have to pay price for others actions.

Im glad were having this conversation, your stance is making much more sense.

Others? Galco? Luni foo?

lburner
10-24-2005, 09:14 PM
Street racing is the only way to go if u ask me. the track is no fun 13 or more sec. and its over what kind of fun is that but maybe its cause i have to drive and hour to get to a track and 20mins to philly for street racing but if i had a track 5mins from me i dont think i would go anyway ill go just to see what im runing and thats about it. if u do streetrace then i do think u know the outcome of everything cause i do and if i die streetracing i died doing what i like. just think about if u like females they can kill u to..lmao

Luni
10-24-2005, 10:05 PM
I dont know, Id be a hypocrite if I said I didnt do it.

However Im very mindful of the traffic situations when I do it, and who I do it with.

Most of the time when I "street race" its on the freeway, and its with another friend who is also my age (I dont mean to stereotype but as a 25 year old Im statistically less prone to being a dumbass than a 16-24 year old) and is also mindful of the conditions and the traffic. Basically if theres any traffic, or we need to weave, we dont do it. If we get a nice little straight away to go for it, we will.

I think it has no place on surface streets with traffic though. And of course there is a degree of common sense that is associated with it. It just seems that some people lack that. I myself used to do it all the time. Im suprised I havent ever been in a traffic accident.

And the main beef is when people post their stories they have no tact and are utter asshats in their description of what happened. That right there pisses more people off than the act of doing it does.

Ive posted my "kill stories" but ive done so in such a manner that Ive never been flamed for it. Even before this board was around and I was even a leader at the last one.

Just be smart about what you do and how you say you did it and you should be fine.

Keep acting like sir Ghost here, and you wont last long.

Ricksta
10-25-2005, 02:03 AM
Keep acting like sir Ghost here, and you wont last long.

hey dont mess wit ghost...if u dont kno wut ur doing then u shouldnt be on the road..fortunate for ghost and people like me...we kno wut were doing...and yes..id consider myself a spirited driver..ive never done n e thing in a place that wasnt safe...and even when i got caught doin 110 i was still in a place that was safe....thier was no one around...well except for that bitch ass cop....had to take a 12 hour class and the guy was cool and only made me do 6..500 bux in fines...and that bout covers it..but that wont happen again...ive ran across sum plans on how to make a regular radar detector into a radar scrambler...thier not going to catch me again...

AllOutRed90
10-25-2005, 02:20 AM
ive ran across sum plans on how to make a regular radar detector into a radar scrambler...thier not going to catch me again...

Now that there is the attitude of people we do not need on the road. Although i own a "riced" out car. I do not race on a regular basis, also do i have the attitude of a "ricer". I do not go to the track on a regular basis, and i barely ever speed. When i do race, i look at the traffic, who it is, what my chances are, and why i should do it. But thats just street racing in town, when i really wanna prove sumn, i would call them out of town, and then see what really happens. just as a precaution, you should not race in town, too many cops, stop lights, people, other cars. Perhaps you are racing and you think you are racing respectively, there could be that old lady walking across the street or that new mother strolling across the street with her baby. This could happen realisticaly, and im sure its happened before. There are others that thing that stupid things like speeding through traffic, and weaving is "cool" and something we should all do. But in reality that is stupidity. Is there any reason that we need to do 110 then create a device meant to stop us from being caught? Stupid idea....but thats just my opinion....

Enjoy your device, and i hope you get caught again. When you get assigned classes you should really have to finish them no matter the circumstances, for the most part, people who are going in excess speeds of 100 should be on a track or without a license at all. Pure stupidity, your brain capacity should be in question. Good luck with not get caught, but im sure with police technology of today they can probably still catch you, i just hope you try it at the wrong time and are caught again and have your celica impounded and you loose your license. Would be an excellent learning experience for you. Whats worse... not speeding at all or getting caught and looseing it all?

you can make the decision.... :slap:, Ricksta, it isnt that you said what you said, its just how you said it made you sound ignorant, and therefor morally i would call you a ricer. In reality i wish you drove a Honda, just so i wouldnt have to say such things about a fellow celica owner. :(

Edit: this was not meant to degrade or offend anyones thought process, just an opinion :hehe:

Ricksta
10-25-2005, 02:38 AM
u kno everyting u jus said ive heard a thousand times on here......and ive never raced in town...never will..like i said im not stupid...i do the same things u do b4 u kno its go time....im not ignorant im smart....even when bein spirited u still have chances of bein caught.....me..sean....ghost...we could all be in the middle of nowhere..mindin our own bizness and no one in sight....and if we feel the need to enjoy the machines we've worked so hard on...yea i think we have everyright to jus like sean said...but even tho thiers no one around....thier could still be a lil piggy hidin behind a bush..id rather him pull me over with nuthing on his radar gun rather then 3 digits...im sure im not the only one who feels the same way...if they dont have u clocked..they cant do a thing

AllOutRed90
10-25-2005, 03:08 AM
well maybe i was pursuaded in the wrong direction, but i do not feel the need to go so fast....

roman
10-25-2005, 03:34 AM
I stopped trying to pick races on the streets a few years ago. I don't know why, I just got bored with it. Maybe if I had a faster car I'd play with a few people on the highway. I know when I drive my friend's turbo Miata I get tempted a few times but I still don't bother. I do enjoy a spirited drive once in awhile. Not too many roads for that around here, but there are a few. I always keep my driving well within the limit so that I can stop my car at any time if I needed to without losing control. I had two separate incidents in the past where I had to stop after coming around a blind corner because either people or animals were on the road. I'd say I drive 7/10 of my ability on these roads. Over the last year I don't even take it that far. I actually find it pleasant to just cruise at normal speeds barely above the posted speed limit. My mindset went from "lets have some fun" to "man, this is a nice drive". I tend to soak in my surroundings more and just enjoy what I have. Maybe I'm getting old. I still whoop ass at the autocross and I can't wait until I get enough money to attend track days regularly, but on the streets I take it easy.

That being said, I don't really get offended when I see people go at it on the highway as long as the traffic is light and they're not being stupid. I'd rather see some kids in their parent's Vettes screaming down the open highway at 140mph than an idiot in a rusted out Buick weaving in and out of traffic going 80mph endangering others.

GlHlOST
10-25-2005, 03:45 AM
That being said, I don't really get offended when I see people go at it on the highway as long as the traffic is light and they're not being stupid. I'd rather see some kids in their parent's Vettes screaming down the open highway at 140mph than an idiot in a rusted out Buick weaving in and out of traffic going 80mph endangering others.
Smart, and damn funni too! LOL great post Rom :laugh: :bigthumbu

Murgatroy
10-25-2005, 07:34 AM
I am oftime curious as to why Street Racers are condemned, and from the attitudes and mentality that is displayed by most of you in this thread and this board in general, that support it, it is obvious.

You are arrogant and do not understand that there are indeed individuals that are more intelligient and more experienced than yourselves. We don't just 'talk out our asses' when we try to tell you what you are doing is wrong. We all have legitimate reasons, the first and foremost being, it is dangerous to innocent ppl who might be inadvertantly involved.

If I am on a mountain in the middle of BFE with not a soul around, I am not endangering anyone else's life. My Stepfather has worked for the Forest Service as a logcutter as long as I can recall, I used to work with him. I have keys to dozens of old roads that have been closed off and are not public access. This is still dangerous, if I go off the side of one of those mountains, I will most likely die. Even though I tell ppl where I am gonna be, it might still take days to find the wreckage. I have been doing this for years. I take my own life in my hands.

However if you are street racing, and you make it up to a speed of say 70mph, you are winning, you are coming to an intersection that the light is changing, it goes to yellow, you hit your brakes, you have 20ft to go, you lock your tires up, lose control and slide through the intersection sideways at 50-60mph. What if there was another car coming, they get a green light, decide it is sake to go, and BAM! you sideswipe them. Or even better, your pride gets the best of you and when you see the light change, you keep it to the floor, the adrenaline rushing through your head so hard your ears are bleeding with the pressure and your asshole is drawn up so tight you couldn't pull a needle out of it. You blaze through that intersection at better than 90 mph winning, only to watch in your rear view mirror as your opponent smashes his car into a Minivan. What do you do? You run. Best case scenario, you get away. But tell me, if you can live with that guilt, of knowing that you are a coward that fled the scene of a crime that you were part responsible of?

There are a million different scenarios that we can talk about back and forth all day. I don't care. I have neither the patience nor the desire to insult my own intelligience sitting here calling ppl fools and trying my best to make sense of thier witless, illegible, poorly worded replies.

The plain and simple fact is, the safety of others come first. After I have ensured that, my safety comes next. Provided that no one is gonna get hurt, I then make sure my car is safe and up to the challenge. Then I go. I know it is illegal. I know that when I am caught it will be a big fine, it will be viewed as no difference than Street Racing by the authorities. But I don't care about society's rules. I have to obey them, if I don't, I pay the penalty. At the end of the day, I answer to myself, my old lady and my god. As long as I did the best I could, without breaking MY morals. I call the day a win. Street Racing and endangering innocent ppl, is against my morals.

This thread has a direct relation to this thread pertaining to the banning of Street Racing. (http://celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9134) If you follow it long enough, or can read that long, you will discover that we decided as a community to allow the posts to continue, because we are aware that banning them, will not stop the stupid actions. I would like some of you to read that thread again, or for the first time. Then think long and hard on some of the comments made and then rethink your attitudes. And if, after all of this, you still aren't willing to play by the rules here, and try to get along with others, leave. Don't come back, and don't post. We do not need attitudes like that here. This is a site for Enthusiasts, by Enthusiasts. We all share a love for Celicas and our cars in general, otherwise we would not be here. That is essence, makes us all on the same side. It is time we acted like it.

Is that a decent enough edit DiG? :hehe:

david in germany
10-25-2005, 08:14 AM
I would like to try something Murg.

I would like everyone to go look at your posts in the above thread. If it is not related to Sean's starting post EDIT IT or DELETE it. I will do the Final removal of any deleted threads.

GlHlOST, Suggestion, Don't try to correct someone's typing / spelling skills before you do an evaluation of your own. You are not receiving any intelligence points with your statements.

Punisher
10-25-2005, 08:54 AM
I raced a CRX tonite in my moms 91 accord LX.. automatic with that sport button.. We were first people at stop light.. side by side.. three lane high way past the malls.. I punched it.. was fun.. I usually stop the racing around 60mph tho .. Don't wanna get a ticket .. don't need to push my luck..

On the other side, I know what my celica can do and you're fuck right I'm gonna beat it up and have fun.. If this shit wasn't intended then car companies would make 1 car.. economy.. Probably all be sedans or vans.. something like that.

I love to speed and have fun when I'm the only person in my vehicle and especially when I am the only one on the road.. if I fuck up.. I fuck up.. I've fucked up many times and luckily I haven't crashed into anything.. I've done 360's on tight corners and spun off of a wet road onto the grass back when I had my corolla.. that shit was mad fun and I came to a stop.. laughed at how lucky I got and quickly pulled away.. It's expirence and I frankly think that some of us are born with a natural ability to be DAMN good drivers.. if I wouldn't of went into being a pilot for a profession I would've chosen the profession of a race car driver.

There are a lot of kids out there now that love to street race and don't understand the reprocutions (sp?) and they lack the skills to make those split second decisions.

I'm constantly scanning the road, behind me.. aside of me to know what other drivers are doing and where they are.. that is the prepardness of a good driver/racer.

With that knowledge I am able to make split second decisions in any condition, whether I am street racing or just driving defensively.

The precautions in my road racing are to always slow down when the situations are not safe, instead of swerving around traffic infront of me, I'll just slow down.. let the other guy win.. who cares, I'm alive and I showed restraint and responsibility. More important than my welfare is the welfare of the other drivers on the road, they aren't involved in what I am doing and I don't need to make them involved by being a jack ass and crashing into them. I rarely ever street race when I have passengers, especially my GF.. she doesn't like it and if I really love her I shouldn't put her in the situation.. same goes for all passengers really.

To chock it up to expirence would be the fact that I do not drive beyond my control nor do I race when the weather is poor. Bad visibility.. wet roads, etc..

i've smoked pot before and I may do it in the future.. and I won't stop street racing or racing period. I'd love to hit up a road rally track.. but that isn't always practical or an option for that matter.

Sean
10-25-2005, 08:55 AM
The point of this thread has nothing to do with Murg and his stance on this.

I just dont want people to cry foul if people are speaking of having some fun, either by themselves, or with other cars.

Point is, lets not judge people. All we have on here is some text, maybe a video here and there. Lets not scold people unless we see or hear about some stupid manuevers and jokes there pulling, aye?

Punisher
10-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Heh.. wanna talks about maneuvers.. I went to the celica meet out in Jersey this past summer.. well we all decided to go out to white castle then.. So we are followin the people that know hwo to get there.. let me just say that shit was UGLY. I mean we nearly brought a highway to a complete stop because no one knew what to do and we were all trying to keep together.. it was fuckin hilarious

4thgenceli
10-25-2005, 04:45 PM
I have to agree with Luni on this one.

I was a ricer few years ago.... had a civic.. all riced out. Coffee can, autozone intake, underbody neons body kit(Pep boys was my favorite store).

I raced on the street. I was caught doing 90mph down a 35mph street. The other guy and I were cuffed held for 3 hrs, car's towed, engines and interior checked out(apperently they thought we were spraying), and 2500 bux later I was home.

Now.. I do what Luni does. If I'm on the freeway, no traffic, and a low officer zone, then yeah I'll fuck around with some people there(not 16 y/o kids in hondas though because they can't drive worth shit). Shit.. I even called the cops once when I was driving down 7th street one day because of some kids racing(down a MAIN road.. with houses around).

Yes I raced. Yes I still race. NO I don't do it on busy streets, residantial streets. ONLY on freeways when there's like no traffic, and low officers around. YES I do go to the track(well.. not anymore cuz my car is toasted, and my real racer was wrecked). NO I am not an oxymoron of what I said, because I've seen what can happen when street racing goes bad. High fines, possible jail time, and worst case.... car wrecked and you're fucked out of a ride, as well as your life if you hit somebody else.

GlHlOST
10-25-2005, 04:50 PM
The point of this thread has nothing to do with Murg and his stance on this. this is y I cant understand why Murgatroy is writing essays saying the same thing over and over again...
Again I'm not attackin any1 or insulting any1... Nor am I here to do either... I just find it wrong that you moderators automatically take the side of Murg and other ppl like him and then get at us saying our posts are out-of-line...

You are arrogant and do not understand that there are indeed individuals that are more intelligient and more experienced than yourselves. We don't just 'talk out our asses' when we try to tell you what you are doing is wrong. Lemme guess, Those direct insults to ppl on this thread is perfectly OK but if sum1 says Murg is a hypocrite then its completely out of line ryte? Yea that makes sense... :cool:

Point is, lets not judge people. All we have on here is some text, maybe a video here and there. Lets not scold people unless we see or hear about some stupid manuevers and jokes there pulling, aye? See I like Sean cuz he has sense enuff to make this point very clear and does not discriminate against other users nor does he try to insult them... ty Sean I been sayin that the whole time, and at least you can see a joke when its sittin ryte in front of you.
Anyways.... street racing is dangerous yes and should never be done on crowded city streets, it should be taken to the highway late at night where you have nice long straights... I'm not supporting nor condemning street racing, I race when I feel it is safe, I'm not a dumb teenager lookin for bragging rights, I'm a person who loves their car and appreciates the work that has been put into it, so if I feel that I want to race sum idiot in a porsche who thinks he got the fastest car on the road, if the conditions are right, I'm gunna do it. I dont see anything wrong with that so I should not hear any scolding about this post, nor should I see another 2 page essay about the dangers of street racing comin from Murg following this thread. (sorry Murg, I had to use you for ex.) This is my opinion and I am not trying to say its right or wrong.
P.S. - I will edit my comment as soon as my point is understood

GlHlOST
10-25-2005, 05:10 PM
getting to the actual racing stories...
I was gettin on the parkway 1 day and this guy with a porsche Boxster S is getting on 2 cars ahead of me... I go into the fast lane as soon as I get on and passs the 2 cars seperating me from the porsche. I think I was in 3rd gear when I pulled up next to the porsche cruisin along in the slow lane. I just happened to glance over at him right when he glared at me and gave my car the ill dirty look :cool: like he was looking down upon my $50,000 less automobile. So I grinned at him and I guess that pissed him off... He started to take off, so I followed ryte behind. Theres were like 2 cars comin up in the slow lane so he moved over into my lane in front of me to pass them. I adjusted my speed accordingly waiting for an opportunity to take this porchs down... As soon as we got a clearing (about a mile and a half) we punched it he quickly pulled me by about 1 1/2 car lengths. I got into my 5th gear and started pushin a little past 95-100 wen I started to catch up to him... We onli had about 3/4 of a mile left to go b4 there was more traffic so I dropped it into 4th for a quick boost and got about 1/2 a car length in front of him wen I put it back into 5th, at this time I got just far enuff ahead of him to get into his lane in front of him... I put my hazards on and started to slow down as traffic came up pretty quick. As soon as he got the first chance to get next to me again he pulled up and gave me the thumbs up :bigthumbu , I laughed :laugh: and pulled away. (I am not a very good judge of distance) [Any1 like to know the top speed of this race onli got up to 115 wen I put my hazzards and slowed down]
P.S. - I tried this with a Carera turbo and he just pulled me by about a full 1/2 mi b4 he stopped... that made me sad :(

david in germany
10-25-2005, 05:41 PM
:wtf: did u even read the post? Its a joke in defense of Riksta... Honestly you ppl are takin this waaaayyyyyyyyy too seriously.
this is y I cant understand why Murgatroy is writing essays saying the same thing over and over again...
Again I'm not attackin any1 or insulting any1... Nor am I here to do either... I just find it wrong that you moderators automatically take the side of Murg and other ppl like him and then get at us saying our posts are out-of-line...
Lemme guess, Those direct insults to ppl on this thread is perfectly OK but if sum1 says Murg is a hypocrite then its completely out of line ryte? Yea that makes sense... :cool:
See I like Sean cuz he has sense enuff to make this point very clear and does not discriminate against other users nor does he try to insult them... ty Sean I been sayin that the whole time, and at least you can see a joke when its sittin ryte in front of you.
Anyways.... street racing is dangerous yes and should never be done on crowded city streets, it should be taken to the highway late at night where you have nice long straights... I'm not supporting nor condemning street racing, I race when I feel it is safe, I'm not a dumb teenager lookin for bragging rights, I'm a person who loves their car and appreciates the work that has been put into it, so if I feel that I want to race sum idiot in a porsche who thinks he got the fastest car on the road, if the conditions are right, I'm gunna do it. I dont see anything wrong with that so I should not hear any scolding about this post, nor should I see another 2 page essay about the dangers of street racing comin from Murg following this thread. (sorry Murg, I had to use you for ex.) This is my opinion and I am not trying to say its right or wrong.
P.S. - I will edit my comment as soon as my point is understood

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=124871#post124871

Luni
10-25-2005, 06:32 PM
hey dont mess wit ghost...if u dont kno wut ur doing then u shouldnt be on the road..fortunate for ghost and people like me...we kno wut were doing...and yes..id consider myself a spirited driver..ive never done n e thing in a place that wasnt safe...and even when i got caught doin 110 i was still in a place that was safe....thier was no one around...well except for that bitch ass cop....had to take a 12 hour class and the guy was cool and only made me do 6..500 bux in fines...and that bout covers it..but that wont happen again...ive ran across sum plans on how to make a regular radar detector into a radar scrambler...thier not going to catch me again...

You might get a better response and more respect if you actually made your thread look like a real thread instead of like a bunch of jumbled thoughts.

As for dont mess with ghost. Youre joking me right?

GlHlOST
10-25-2005, 06:53 PM
You might get a better response and more respect if you actually made your thread look like a real thread instead of like a bunch of jumbled thoughts.

As for dont mess with ghost. Youre joking me right?
:lolhittin thas funni... as far as messin with me, I can hold my own... but thnx for the consideration. And as for you Luni, you should listen to him, cuz imma frickin ninja!!!

david in germany
10-25-2005, 07:32 PM
And as for you Luni, you should listen to him, cuz imma frickin ninja!!!
You don't know Luni that well do you?.... :owned:

GlHlOST
10-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Honestly no, I don't. But again its a joke... Don't take it sooo seriously.

Murgatroy
10-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Luni is a real Ninja, pimp hat and all. :hehe: Oh, and he owns the site. Just so you know. ;)

GlHlOST
10-25-2005, 08:39 PM
das wassup

Punisher
10-25-2005, 08:53 PM
das? Did I just move to europe.. is that some sort of forgien language? HuH?

Luni
10-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Who is the ninja now huh?

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/1/pimpninjajonesey.jpg

Murgatroy
10-25-2005, 09:10 PM
das wassup
Here you go Punisher,

"That is what is up."

"That's what is up."

"That's what's up."

"Dat's what's up.'

"Dat's wat's up."

"Dat's wassup."

"Das wassup."

And finally, remove all capitalization as well as punctuation.

"das wassup."

And thus ends our lesson in raping the English language...

OT: Punisher, I would like to talk to you some time about the old 4AF you used to run in your `Rolla. How did you set up your 4 carb set up? I remember you talking about it at Corolla-Racing.com.

GlHlOST
10-25-2005, 09:13 PM
Heh. This is another first. Murgatroy, you actually understood what I said without an attack. Thanks buddy. :bigthumbu

Murgatroy
10-25-2005, 09:19 PM
No problem. :bigthumbu

Snafu
10-26-2005, 04:08 AM
I think it's idiotic for people to go out and "street race" on the weekends, but I'm not against running on the highway etc. Hell, how do you think I tuned my car? Third gear pulls on the highway or $150 an hour on the dyno? Definately on the highway. If you're against it be against it, and if you're for it, good for you. This site will/should never ban street racing. Natural selection will soon take care of those who do.

PS. People should really get video of these types of events. I'm sick of there not being any videos (and in agreement with the previous statement, I will be busting out the video camera this weekend ;))

KoreanJoey
09-03-2006, 06:25 AM
I can say I've been guilty of "street racing" it in the past. It's something that I can't justify now... I've got my car as my daily driver and I actually LEGALLY race my car on the track. I get enough enjoyment from doing it legally where I CAN push it to the limit and not have to worry about hurting someone. I still speed (5-10 over on the highways and maybe 10-15 over on the freeways) and still pick on hondas with bodykits ETC. I'd have to just agree with what people have said about big open stretches of road with no other traffic. But aside from that, go to the track.

burnyd
09-03-2006, 03:37 PM
big open stretches + no fuel cut defender = :(........

MCcelica
09-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Wowee. Thread ressurection! But since it's up, I'm basically morally opposed to street racing myself. Have been ever since a friend of mine flipped his car and slid into a tree in a street race. As for weaving...I'm about 50/50 on it. I classify myself as a spirited driver in the city, but I never go all out on it and cut people off within inches of their front bumper or anything. If I do have to cut someone off, my signal is always on.

I feel the need to distinguish a spirited driver and a maniac as well. I weave a little bit and do drive a little faster in the city than most traffic. Guilty as charged, BUT I will get in the way and deliberatly slow down someone who is going too much faster than I am, and weaving like a maniac. I understand that there are drivers who are more "Spirited" than I am, hence why I said if they're going "Too much faster than I am".

As for the maniacs, go ahead, get pissed, scream till you're red in the face, flip me the bird etc. I don't give a shit if I'm going to make you late for work. Too bad for you, leave earlier.

Fuelish
09-07-2006, 06:39 PM
OK, I'll toss in my $0.02usd .... I don't get off on street racing, and do not condone street racing (as in 2 cars racing). But I can accept the position that "spirited driving"
is OK under the right circumstances, meaning the driver knows the limits of both his skills and the car. Of course, my "spirited driving" is limited to the limits imposed by a basically bone stock porky '92 GT 'vert....LOL !!! But, hey....I like to get out on the deserted county back roads and into the Smokies, toss it around, and have fun with just me and my car, with nothing to prove and not endangering anyone but myself and my car, perhaps. Murg, perhaps we've passed on the road....am in the GSM foothills here in Maryville :cool: God, I love deserted east TN backroads :)

ciento44
09-08-2006, 05:18 AM
http://savefile.com/files/41095

Too Fast!!! Too Furious!!!

Murgatroy
09-08-2006, 02:53 PM
OK, I'll toss in my $0.02usd .... I don't get off on street racing, and do not condone street racing (as in 2 cars racing). But I can accept the position that "spirited driving"
is OK under the right circumstances, meaning the driver knows the limits of both his skills and the car. Of course, my "spirited driving" is limited to the limits imposed by a basically bone stock porky '92 GT 'vert....LOL !!! But, hey....I like to get out on the deserted county back roads and into the Smokies, toss it around, and have fun with just me and my car, with nothing to prove and not endangering anyone but myself and my car, perhaps. Murg, perhaps we've passed on the road....am in the GSM foothills here in Maryville :cool: God, I love deserted east TN backroads :)
We have some of the best roads in the country out here. Hands down.

I grew up in Monroe county, near the NC border. Cherohala Skyway (I still call it Robbinsville Road) and the Tail of the Dragon were my daily stomping grounds. Some of the best driving in the world. Period.

We may have passed. I am not sure, I notice most Celicas I see but I can't recall them all. Chaos is easily recognizable now. She has a primer grey tail end and her passenger side is all smashed up. But she still runs like a scalded dog.

This was a fun thread. :D

Fuelish
09-08-2006, 06:00 PM
We have some of the best roads in the country out here. Hands down.

Indeed !!! Indeed we do. The Dragon is fun, but WAY too busy the times I've driven it. Am thinking a winter-ish mid-week run would be a lot more fun than the "motorcycle months," esPECIALLY summer weekends ;)