PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Celica ST 22re

TrixMan
10-23-2005, 02:51 AM
Hello, new to the forums trying to solve my starting problem, i have a 85 celica and it had not been driven for about 2 years. went to start it and wouldn't go, put a new battery in it and it started up just fine, drove it for bout 40 miles, and was on the free way doing about 55-60 car started die pressed on the gas wouldn't go slowly rolled to the side of the road where it died power was still there just wouldn't turn over. then i had it towed to my house and left it there for the night, the next morning it started up just fine, drove it to the auto store to get parts to tune it up and wouldn't turn back over. so i towed it back again changed the spark plugs and wires also changed the oil and oil filter. and air filter still no start. does NE one have some suggestions on what to try next, ever one i know is giving me different things like alternator, tomming chain, fuel line, i have a new fuel filter to put in just not quit sure how to get to it it is underneath the injection manifold, i think that is what it is. well if you can help me out it would be much attracted just dint want to loose a arm or a leg at the mechanic.
Thanks Mike

84bluegts
10-23-2005, 08:22 AM
try the forums at www.celica-gts.com/forums for all 3rd gen problems. they really know their stuff about these cars

Rix86
11-01-2005, 03:46 AM
sounds like fuel pump petering out maybe.
or the filter startin to clog....