PDA

View Full Version : Raced a Hemi

fiveSFE
10-22-2005, 01:44 AM
Last night at about 3 a.m. i went out so i could tune my car with no other cars on the streets and it was nice in cold.

when i first left my house i noticed there was a truck behind me and absolutly no traffic around, i made a right turn and the truck did do, i thouht nothing of it. but after coming out of the turn i gave it a bit of gas in 2nd gear, then that is when i noticed the truck started haulin ass to catch up to me, i look over and it was 2 guys in a white dodge 1500(?) with a Hemi badge on it.

we took off from about a 40mph roll, i slowly pulled on him, by around 70-ish he was at my back bumper, i slowed down and gave him a thumbs up.

i was kind of impressed, those trucks are quick, and i was only running 9psi with stock tune.

ima try to head out to the track tommarow night if i get off work on time, hopefully will be able to turn up the boost and tune a bit.

locker
10-22-2005, 01:47 AM
I found that the Hemi wasn't nearly as quick as i thought it was gonna be. Before the celica came off for the swap I had a little fun on the highway with one. Was beside him when he hammered on it and I slammed it into third and halfway through 4th I was pulling on him... I was shocked!!!!

Murgatroy
10-22-2005, 02:25 PM
That wasn't a real Hemi. That was a vehicle with a badge slapped on the side of it created soley for the purpose of marketing off of the Fabled Hemi legend.

A Hemi gained it's name from the hemispherical combustion chambers with most notably the spark plug coming in from the top as opposed to the sides. If this seems familiar it is because almost all cars manufactured now are of a hemispherical combustion chamber design. It creates more power and is more effective. Chrysler Corp. just trademarked the name.

Go find a real Hemi, ie a 426, and race it and come back to talk about it. Not this false imposter in a legends clothing.

I am sorry to sound like a hater here, it is actually not targetted towards you, it is towards the reuse of this Legendary Name. I am a Mopar Fan. I have a `67 440 powered New Yorker at home as well as once having the pleasure of owning a `69 426 Hemi powered Road Runner (not original.) These cars were the stuff of legends. Something that the new breed can not live up to. Although the new Charger SRT-8 does arouse me... but it is like a girl with a really fucked up face once you realize it has 4 doors...

AllOutRed90
10-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Although the new Charger SRT-8 does arouse me... but it is like a girl with a really fucked up face once you realize it has 4 doors...

wow, thats a quote for sumones signature....hahahaha :D

GT4SOM
10-24-2005, 12:12 AM
I think that was a real hemi. I've ridden in a regular 1500 dodge ram. I don't think it would keep up with a dsm. Don't hemi's have 16 valves ?

fiveSFE
10-24-2005, 05:44 AM
I think that was a real hemi. I've ridden in a regular 1500 dodge ram. I don't think it would keep up with a dsm. Don't hemi's have 16 valves ?

if it wasnt a hemi then it must of been modded to hell, it looked pretty stock to me,

it was definatly a pretty fast truck though

Murgatroy
10-24-2005, 12:12 PM
I wasn't saying it wasn't a Hemi. I am sure it was, my statement however was 'It is not a real Hemi.'

As for 16 Valves, all V8s have at least 16 valves. I am however thinking that the new breed of Hemi is a 32 valve beast.

alltracman78
10-24-2005, 02:22 PM
That wasn't a real Hemi. That was a vehicle with a badge slapped on the side of it created soley for the purpose of marketing off of the Fabled Hemi legend.

A Hemi gained it's name from the hemispherical combustion chambers with most notably the spark plug coming in from the top as opposed to the sides. If this seems familiar it is because almost all cars manufactured now are of a hemispherical combustion chamber design. It creates more power and is more effective. Chrysler Corp. just trademarked the name.

Go find a real Hemi, ie a 426, and race it and come back to talk about it. Not this false imposter in a legends clothing.

I am sorry to sound like a hater here, it is actually not targetted towards you, it is towards the reuse of this Legendary Name. I am a Mopar Fan. I have a `67 440 powered New Yorker at home as well as once having the pleasure of owning a `69 426 Hemi powered Road Runner (not original.) These cars were the stuff of legends. Something that the new breed can not live up to. Although the new Charger SRT-8 does arouse me... but it is like a girl with a really fucked up face once you realize it has 4 doors...

word x 10