PDA

View Full Version : cv joints

Ricksta
10-20-2005, 01:59 AM
i need to replace the cv joints but the bgb book thing isnt workin on here so i have no manual or n e thing...where do i go?

Sean
10-20-2005, 02:10 AM
I thought you were swapping engines? Just wait till then, you will be using different CV joints with the MR2 or camry transmission.

Ricksta
10-20-2005, 04:33 AM
i am swappin motors........not for another 2 months tho......and its gettin really loud..i think those bastards are going to snap on me....and i have to drive to tampa next weekend...and i dont feel safe in the damn thing with those cv's the way that they are......only reason im getting them is cuz i need to take that trip...

Ricksta
10-20-2005, 04:34 AM
o and it'll be a mr2 lsd tranny im gettin

Sean
10-20-2005, 06:55 AM
I would just roll with them.

Go EASY when your turning at slow speeds, DO NOT accelerate through the turns. Be very easy on your joints.

They'll be fine ;)

Ricksta
10-20-2005, 10:26 AM
well see im maintenencing the car b4 n e thing goes in.......i just bought a koyo radiator....it'll be here friday...it supposively keeps my engine 20 ta 30 percent cooler...i ordered the cv joints yesterday.....and next week im ordering a new pay of springs and struts...because mine are indeed shot....and the nose of my car does nuthing but dive ...its jus a 120 bux dude...its not going to hurt nuthin to jus put those cv's in for now

BEAMS
10-23-2005, 04:26 PM
http://www.celicatech.com/93rmsour/1993/93celica/sa/frontdri.pdf
This should work.

Ricksta
10-24-2005, 04:11 AM
the cv joints are in the driveshaft?!?!?!

Sean
10-24-2005, 05:20 AM
Yep!

Ricksta
10-24-2005, 05:31 AM
man i cant even put freakin hoodlites on right..how the hell am i suppost to do this shit?!?!? lol...i feel so dumb on this site...everyone knows all this shit bout motors and i kno squat

undecided
10-24-2005, 07:45 AM
haha just go ahead and do it. it may take you long as hell to get it done but believe me you'll be able to do it in not time for the next time round. i had this same prob changing the diff fluid and tranny fluid on the 240 this weekend. mostly because the bolts were very hard to get off and in funky places. i was ignorant on the diff and hand squeezed the fluid in but for the tranny said fuggit and bought the damn pump. lol dont worry just do it. cv joints should not be hard. either that or drive the bitch easy till u swap out to the mr2 tranny oh yeah who are u paying to do this work since you prob wont be doing the swap, if your too afraid to do the cv joints?

Ricksta
10-25-2005, 02:56 AM
well my step dad has a lot of mechanic friends so im prolly going to have one of them do it...but i want the cv joints now because im not plannin on droppin that motor till theres a good 300 to 350 at the wheel...im settin up a shed in the back to put the motor in and all accessories...im patient enough to wait and drop it..i want it to be perfect...and have the learning experience to go with it...i have no clue how everyone else here got so damn talented