PDA

View Full Version : Uphill Mountain Pass

bloodredgt
12-20-2004, 11:45 PM
Hey guys, I had my first experience driving up a mountain pass as I went to Snow summit to go boarding last saturday!!!! It was so fun going through those turns. Didn't get to drive downhill though because i was in too much pain from snowboarding and wiping out so much. But I bet downhill would have been a lot more fun!!!

GT4SOM
12-21-2004, 02:56 AM
Cool man. I've driven through mountains before. Too bad it was in a toyota hilux. It wasn't so bad though. I enjoyed driving for 3 hours to get to my destination. I wish I coulda driven my celi though.

roman
12-21-2004, 06:21 AM
Take it easy going downhill if you ever do. If your brakes are stock I don't think they're quite up to the task of agressive driving going downhill on a mountain road.

Luni
12-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Yeah downhill mountain driving has killed numerous rotors on my MR2.

But I CANT KEEP AWAY FROM IT!!

But I live in SLC where I have more canyons at my disposal than most other places in the country. It kicks ass.

whtcelionteins
12-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Can you guys explain more about cooking the brake system braking downhill? How can one improve on that. Or is OEM Disc with Green Pads suffice enough? Better yet better brake fluid?

Laters,

Henry
12-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Can you guys explain more about cooking the brake system braking downhill? How can one improve on that. Or is OEM Disc with Green Pads suffice enough? Better yet better brake fluid?

Laters,

It means the components of the braking system are overheating. This includes the brake pads, rotors, and brake fluid.

To counter, upgrade to pads that can withstand high heat (which means they'll start having bite at higher temperatures), use cooling ducts to cool rotors, and change the brake fluid to fluid with a higher boiling point (ex. Castrol SRF, ATE Super Blue).

Arcias
12-27-2004, 09:40 PM
I love driving in the mountains...too bad the only time I get to do it is in my dad's 4Runner...feels like it's going to flip over every time I corner at higher than 40km/h...

Blackcloud
12-29-2004, 05:23 AM
i use the motor a little for my breaks when im going down big hills

T-spoon
12-29-2004, 08:02 AM
I must admit the All-trac was increadibly fun in the mountains, wouldn't mind doing that again. SLIGHT shortage of mountains around here though.. :squint:

GT4RC
12-29-2004, 09:26 AM
oh man, you guys arent even in BC. we have the rockies. intense.

KoreanJoey
12-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Mount Rainer... I only go uphill fast (now). Just see my sig as to why I don't go down...