PDA

View Full Version : Acura 1994 Gs stock vs Celica 92 gts Stock...

deuce
10-14-2005, 01:32 AM
Wich car is faster??? both are stock ....and both drivers are good
i always wondered that

TEAMFaint
10-14-2005, 01:41 AM
is that the B20B2 engine? If so, I'm putting my money on the celica.

The teggy will be lighter and have a few more horsies but way less torque.

Now a GSR Integra is way different, I tried playing with one of those in my 5SFE and he showed me who was boss, they are very quick cars.

But ya with the GS model, my old boss had one and I took a rip in it, didnt seem as reponsive in the lower RPMS as the Celica. The celica pulls so hard in 2nd gear its amazing, the Integra is more of a general speeding up with not a very strong launch.

BEAMS
10-14-2005, 02:14 AM
Now a GSR Integra is way different, I tried playing with one of those in my 5SFE and he showed me who was boss, they are very quick cars.
Happened to u also, dam.... :laugh: . Yes dont mess with gsr's. :(
I mean its not even a race... 5sfe-has no top end.

Doctor Jinxed
10-14-2005, 02:35 AM
One of my best friends has a GSR. I never raced him, but from riding with him, I know he'd smoke me. I'll never tell him that though (as if he didn't know). lol

However back in high school, I did "sorta" race another friend with an LS once. It was rather stupid honestly. Another buddy of ours goaded us into talking trash to each other over who was faster (lol clash of the titans). He'd bring up the fact that I'm stuck with a slush box auto(ouch, I'll fix that in time!), and I'd bring up the fact that he's got a torqueless Honda with no bottem end. But it was always in good fun.

Well, after school we rolled up next to each other by chance at a stop sign. I was completely engrossed in my music so I didn't notice him (even though he claimed he was yelling at me and revving on me.) Well, a ways down the street I finally notice him and he yells crap at me and honks and we both let it go (@ around 35mph). Unfortunately, I've got an Auto so it takes a while to figure out that I'd like to go faster now before it downshifts, but even with that, he barely crept on me.

So uhh, if by GS you meant LS, I'm sure from a dig, you can walk one easilly with a GT/GT-S, and if you're a stick shift, smoking it won't be a problem.

deuce
10-14-2005, 02:51 AM
beautifull cant wait to race him next week....i'll hopefully will have it on video too

Snafu
10-18-2005, 06:52 PM
a 1994 teg has a B18 in it, no vtec. Depending on who's a better driver, you may take him off the line, but he'll get you up top.

3sgte@daspeedof
10-18-2005, 07:25 PM
deuce with a 3s u would have no problem at all handing him his ass on a silver plater, what are u waiting for do the swap. already.

deuce
10-18-2005, 10:27 PM
i would love too do the swap, need the equipment,space and guidance to do the swap...cant wait to see your swap done...

85gtsblackman
10-19-2005, 12:57 AM
i took a 94 teg last night with my tib, and it has the same hp and 3 less ftlb torque than the 5s

deuce
10-19-2005, 02:18 AM
nice good to know stxman...but does the ST celica has the 5sfe? i know Gt and Gts does...

85gtsblackman
10-19-2005, 04:25 AM
st has a 4afe

ive raced the old body integras and beat those

pulled away from a newer body (95 auto)

but im unsure how id would fair with a manual

to give u an idea ive pulled away from a 90gt barely though

TNT
10-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Eh...GS-R's are slow.

Even stock Type-R's.. ;)

undecided
10-21-2005, 05:10 AM
^tibs are slow ass poo i beat a gt in my damn celica from a role in 2nd to 3rd :D

streetcelica3
11-15-2005, 11:40 PM
depends how the b18 is being driven and if its a 5speed. some b18 are quick. i have a jdm b16a in my civic hatchback and i love it. its so strong pulls so hard. my celica wouldnt take a gsr interga but my civic would have no problem.

Azzazzyn
11-16-2005, 04:05 AM
i've taken out a 91gt and pulled slightly on a cobalt ss from a roll

Sean
11-16-2005, 09:25 AM
i've taken out a 91gt and pulled slightly on a cobalt ss from a roll

In what?

Sean
11-16-2005, 09:26 AM
Eh...GS-R's are slow.

Even stock Type-R's.. ;)

Speaking of tiburon's, I crushed one a couple weeks ago in the middle of nowhere Washington. Poor kids :(

fiveSFE
11-16-2005, 06:38 PM
back in the day when i had my celica i raced my friend with a 95 gsr, he had 4 people in his car and his a/c on, it was dead even...lol.

im pretty sure a 94 and up ls, gs integra will be able to get a lightly modded gt, ive lost to a couple, but they had intake and exhuast also.

burnyd
11-17-2005, 07:07 AM
I raced a civic hatchback ...... Si or something I dont remember I try not to follow the honda scene. from a 50 mph roll I crushed him I meen I beat this kid by about 6-8 car lengths if not more. I have a 6th gen with a 3s. I pulled over to talk to him and I asked him what he had in his car he said a Gsr motor it had some kind of white with red design on the vavle cover. And this kid had some mods I seen an intake and it definately looked like he had some kind of custom manifold. But it seemed like his car reved really high. THose gsr's go over 8k I think? I think there rated at something like 180hp?

Sean
11-17-2005, 07:17 AM
Hey man, post up pics of your swapped celi in the exterior section! I want to see it :)

streetcelica3
11-17-2005, 04:38 PM
I raced a civic hatchback ...... Si or something I dont remember I try not to follow the honda scene. from a 50 mph roll I crushed him I meen I beat this kid by about 6-8 car lengths if not more. I have a 6th gen with a 3s. I pulled over to talk to him and I asked him what he had in his car he said a Gsr motor it had some kind of white with red design on the vavle cover. And this kid had some mods I seen an intake and it definately looked like he had some kind of custom manifold. But it seemed like his car reved really high. THose gsr's go over 8k I think? I think there rated at something like 180hp?
GSR motor could be eather a b18c or a b17 which was in the older interga. i bet it was the b18c cuz they have the differnet looking intake manifold it was probally just the stock manifold.

Punisher
11-17-2005, 05:07 PM
I took some hot ass blonde in an integra a couple days ago. The road was coming up to a turn.. we launched from a stop light.. I took the turn at 70mph and she was gone.. hah

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=nevada+st.+allentown,+pa&ll=40.590069,-75.479507&spn=0.003529,0.010192&t=k&hl=en

Zoom in full way.. that light colored road .. that is the turn and the stoplight is right where you see that yellow blob (apparently a school bus)

Turn looks a lot more stretched out in the image.. it's tighter than that.. it goes downhill as well.. many a great races have been conducted on that stretch.
but damn she was HOT

VikingJZ
11-18-2005, 01:20 AM
I've taken Vtec civics before in my 5S, but I have stuff done to mine. Not stock

undecided
11-18-2005, 08:15 PM
^^if the girl is hot what's the point in racing away from her in ur car? i would cruise next to the bitch ;)