PDA

View Full Version : mr2 video

Lagos
10-11-2005, 05:41 AM
http://video.mpegnation.com/a001745323871062705182302480.html

pretty cool looking mr2 drifiting around, dont know what up with that wing tho

Playfortoday
10-12-2005, 07:51 PM
It still looks like it is in control. Who wants to trade an MR2 turbo for a Celica All-trac? ;)

Luni
10-12-2005, 10:53 PM
That MR2 is a road racing car. That wing is functional. The class requires the rear wing be as tall as the roof so thats whats up with that.

Check out the front lip. That is pure carbon fiber thats cable reinforced. You could stand on that thing and it wouldnt break. That car is pure racing MR2 sex. It belongs to a guy on the MR2 board.

BlueDragon
10-26-2005, 11:41 PM
tEh SeXoR

Snafu
10-28-2005, 05:23 AM
It was featured in Sport Compact Car's Ultimate Street Car Challenge. Dunno how it did though, we find out next issue ;)

Sean
10-28-2005, 06:20 AM
This year the mr2 didnt win.

I believe he came near the bottom.

jason
10-30-2005, 09:18 PM
yeah, that wasn't the same mr2 that won last year's comp. the mr2 in above video is 3sgte powered. last year the mr2 that won was v6 swapped, na. i wish he returned to defend the title but no-show for some reason

GT4Dreams
10-31-2005, 05:34 AM
^ it was a fully built supercharged v6. he is selling (or has sold the car) to move on to another project.

Luni
10-31-2005, 06:08 AM
yeah, that wasn't the same mr2 that won last year's comp. the mr2 in above video is 3sgte powered. last year the mr2 that won was v6 swapped, na. i wish he returned to defend the title but no-show for some reason

That was Brad Bedells V6 swap with SC that made the V6 swap in MR2s famous. He has sold that car to another MR2 board member. And that guy is selling (or has sold already) the car as well. I believe he wants 30k for it. That v6 swapped MR2 is one of the coolest MR2s out there. Its gorgeous.

This year the car is owned by a guy named DavidV on the MR2 board. It is a 3SGTE, and its a kickass car too.

Theres been an MR2 in the USCC like 4 or 5 times now. Every 3SGTE that has entered has died. The V6 is the only one that made it out alive. This one made it out alive, but they lost badly. Apparently SCC were kind of asshats about not letting them fix some fouled spark plugs, but they let other guys do all sorts of shit. Sounds pretty lame. After reading what David and Garret (from Wolfkatz engineering) said, that makes me angry at SCC for being dicks about it. Here is an exerpt from DavidVs posting about the event

Why could other competitors swap driveshafts, radiators, install nitorus kits, etc. once the contest was underway but I couldn't change spark plugs?!? WTF? These other guys got to redo contests from earlier in the day because of mechanical failures. I ask to change plugs for the road course and am denied.

Sounded pretty shitty, but the guys had a good time and thats all that matters. You can read the full story starting HERE (http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=135055&page=5)

Arcias
10-31-2005, 08:11 AM
Awesome vid. Makes me wanna get into autox...

jason
10-31-2005, 09:12 PM
oh yes, my bad, it WAS supercharged, been a while since I last year's subscription. That's lame how they wouldn't let him change sparkplugs. The other guys got to change their whole induction system and change horsepower figures radically and they wouldn't let him simply regain spark. I thought that ls1 swapped rx7 was tight but I have no idea how it performed, I never read the final issue of the competition.

Borinal
11-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Yeah, Brad Bodell has already built himself a new V6 MR2, I wonder why he didn't enter it... Why do the 3S-GTE's all die Luni, is it the boost? Like Detonation or what... Bad tuning etc...?

That car is pretty cool. SCC is always trying to bring us down.

Luni
11-02-2005, 08:58 PM
With the first one, I dont remember what failed. On Troys MR2 (the 2nd 3SGTE entry), he had his EMS tuned at a certain altitude and it didnt correct for altitude (differences in air density or something), and in california it was running too aggressively and it poped on the dyno if I remember.

Just minute stupid shit. Not saying the 3S is a gay motor, it is just needing to be all it can be. Its only as good as the people assembling, implementing, and tuning it.