PDA

View Full Version : Window tint and floor mats

Punisher
10-10-2005, 12:40 AM
I want to do silver window tint.. Anyone have advice on a first time job?

Also, does anyone sell some nice celica mats. somethin that might say Celica on them or toyota or something sweet like that?

Colossus20v
10-10-2005, 01:42 PM
When tinting, make sure you go slow and be precise. Ebay, may be your best bet for some nice floor mats.

ibanezgfx
10-10-2005, 07:20 PM
i paid to have the tinting done... too much of a pain in the ass to do it yourself IMO

Hooligan
10-10-2005, 07:25 PM
The side windows aren't too bad, but the back window will be a P.I.T.A.

As for floor mats, I picked up some very plush black ones from Checker for $30. Very nice, pretty darn cheap.

Punisher
10-11-2005, 12:45 AM
Yea.. I kinda want floor mats that say Celica .. or Toyota.. somethin like that..

As for the window tinting. I failed.. I noticed the tint wasn't dark enough, nor was it silver enough.. I got silver tint btw.. Sterling Silver.. just wasn't right so I ended up ripping it off.. So I failed.. but it wasn't that big of a deal, wasn't happy with it anyway. I will search the nut probably to find a better tint. I may inquire to the cost of getting it professionally done.. The shit I was using was a 50% tint.. I'm looking for more of a 65 or 70%.. and more of a silver color to match the paint..

Hooligan
10-11-2005, 03:40 AM
Just so you know, smaller numbers on tint let less light through. It sounds like you're under the idea that the larger the number, the less light through.

Punisher
10-11-2005, 04:52 AM
I said 50% because on the package it says it lets 50% light through.. so it's a 50% tint.. I am aware of the smaller number deal.. like 5% is limo tint.. nothing gets in... and when i said 65-70% i ment how much light is blocked.