PDA

View Full Version : RARE OPERTUNITY! race engine for sale

Keyroo
12-20-2004, 05:44 AM
Hey guys, for those of u who have been around for a while u will know that i contacted the celica race team before we went to bathurst and organised for us to get into the pits and see the cars and get Neil Trama the head mechanic to give us a run down of the race celis and also colin osbourne who owns the team and races to have a chat to us

anyhoo i got a phone call thismorning from Neil the head mechanic, he is selling one of the engines from teh bathurst car!, he is offering it to someone in teh club for around 4 grand, it's been rebuild since bathurst, basically stock, it has been blue printed, lightened, he's also tinkered with the head and a few other things to get the most power out of it without breaking regulations, needless to say it will be properly balanced and only built with A grade parts, so it would be a ripper enigne, he is replacing the sump with a road going sump, but yeah ripper engine, if not just for historical value, since the bathurst 24hr may never run again, u can say i have the engine in your car from the bathurst 24 hr celica,

for those who aren't familiar wit hteh cars its the 7th gen 2zz, vvtli

i imagine this engine would be without ecu as it was wired up to aftermarket management for racing

if anyone is interested email me

keyroo AT optusnet.com.au

Matty :)

Classique71
12-20-2004, 06:47 AM
the 24 hr will be back 'roo :)

they ahve plans in the works already and the bathurst council are OBLIGATED by law to run 2 major events ( one being the bathurst 1000 of course )As for the 24 hr race engine - toyotas show their reliability here - so yeah - guys with 7th gens - heres your chance at a slice of history in a road car ;)

PS ot - Sorrento meet - still planning ?

Cel3SGTE
12-20-2004, 07:29 AM
Matt, what sort of power does this engine have and what's the redline set at?

Keyroo
12-20-2004, 08:13 AM
i'll ask neil about teh power, the redline was obviously set by the aftermarket ecu which won't come with it but that is something i'll have to find out too

Fiery_isles
12-21-2004, 02:42 AM
would be interesting if i had the money spare :P

ronin
12-21-2004, 05:24 AM
if i didnt have other things to spend the money.. id be all up on this. how nuts would that be to put in a glass case.. it would become a collectors item in about 40,000 years when engines will run off lemonade and cars with tyres will be a thing for museams.

Jaemus
12-21-2004, 05:39 AM
hehe
too bad its too hard to adapt to an ST series... tho i think it can be done? and it would be amusing to have a race prepped engine in my 4th gen with fucked shocks, dying brakes and $75 never-heard-of-them tyres

Classique71
12-21-2004, 08:04 AM
lemonade for fuel!

ha ! would redbull or coke be considered high octane ?

Cel3SGTE
12-21-2004, 08:56 AM
I think it would be cool in an MR2 Spyder

Jaemus
12-22-2004, 06:18 AM
agreed

now to find one with a blown or missing engine for cheap

Cel3SGTE
12-22-2004, 09:16 AM
I know, a proper engine is all the MR2 is missing....

Jaemus
12-23-2004, 12:03 PM
well i think its dissapointing looking compared with the mk2 but that seems to be the trend these days anyway

im interested in driving one, to see if the claims about the handling are true

GT4SOM
12-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Man if red bull is high ocatane it would cost like 200$ dollars to fill up your tank. Damn I'd buy it but I'd still need all the other components.