PDA

View Full Version : lots of shit wrong w/ my st

gt_turbo
12-20-2004, 04:44 AM
anybody who could offer tips or advice feel free to post.

1. huge blue cloud of smoke appears when i start the car from a cold start. no idea why, maybe too much oil build up inside motor. but when driving no smoke is seen. also i recently ran seafoam in the air filter and gas tank, but it made no difference. is there a way to clean oil build up inside the motor w/o having to do lots of oil changes or involving taking the motor apart.

2. rear defroster is blowing little to no air at all.

3. passenger side headlight works sometimes, but usually most times not at all. i don't think its the bulb cuz at high beam it works just fine, and also sometimes for some reason it works sometimes when i am very lucky. temp fix i drive with high beams

my st is officially beater status!!! so much crap is wrong w/this shit! but it has a very nice exterior; rust free. and interior is so so... 195k miles and going..... hopefully lasts until i get my GT TURBO on the road this summer.

ibanezgfx
12-20-2004, 04:51 AM
1. large blue cloud of smoke is normal. its an oil leak due to bad valve seals or piston rings. i have that too. a lot of us have that.

2. rear defroster shouldnt blow any air. its all those little lines in the rear windshield that heat up and defrost the window when you push the button.

3. get a new headlight. 10 bucks at walmart. 20 if you want a silverstar. that should fix the problem

your isnt beater status with those 3 little problems. spend 15 bucks and fix the 2 things and just live with the one becuase its not a huge deal really.

gt_turbo
12-20-2004, 03:56 PM
thanks for the help man. after having an alltrac, this thing definitely feels like a beater if you know what i mean

ibanezgfx
12-20-2004, 07:53 PM
i wish i had an alltrac so i could know ;)

gt_turbo
12-20-2004, 09:57 PM
o yea i noticed something, my st has no little lines in the rear windshield. i always wondered why those lines were there on my other cars, but apparently this car doesn't have any maybe they rubbed off or something.....

SilverCel
12-20-2004, 11:02 PM
your headlamp, it could be the harness that connects to the headlamp is corroded away. mine was all crappy and ended up not having highbeams in one light. cut the harness, put some new wire in there. and good as new.

Hooligan
12-21-2004, 01:23 AM
Those lines are what defrost the rear windscreen. There are no blowers back there.

Slider
12-21-2004, 02:13 AM
o yea i noticed something, my st has no little lines in the rear windshield. i always wondered why those lines were there on my other cars, but apparently this car doesn't have any maybe they rubbed off or something.....
:squint: Looks like the doings off the previous owner.

Mister2T
12-21-2004, 03:37 AM
easy fixes

85gtsblackman
12-21-2004, 05:52 AM
#1 your vavle stem seals are worn, nothing major, if anything run thicker oil to lessen this.

#2 yeah perious owner did one of 2 things, had tint removed with razor blade agressively, or had a cheap rear window installed

#3 check harness, may wanna replace bulbs anyway, u can get a ge twin pack at walmart for 20ish and the bulbs work really well at lighting the road