PDA

View Full Version : car doesn't want to do anything..

xeril
12-19-2004, 11:20 PM
well, not entirely true. car will turn on and idle.. but as soon as i put any load on the engine at all, the rpms drop like flies and it stalls out. it almost feels like limp mode but i took the efi fuse out and it didn't reset (or if it did, it didn't have any effect) i still have a vacuum problem.. but a new idle problem occurs after i let it warm up. it'll literally drop down 400rpm instantly and shoot back up. its kinda weird. does that a few times, then just idles normally. its possible i have to check the timing again, but any ideas on what might be happening? i did just replace the gasket to the oil feed line on the turbo.. but i'm pretty sure everything got back together right. and i added a little oil to the line to make sure the turbo wasn't running dry or anything, and cranked it a few times without fuel pump on to move fluids through. thanks in advance..

Hooligan
12-19-2004, 11:30 PM
Sounds like a vacuum/PCV problem to me.

xeril
12-20-2004, 12:03 AM
but what would cause car to stall out as soon as ANY load is given? the car will idle without stalling out.. and i can rev the engine no problem..

Luni
12-20-2004, 12:30 AM
Pull your codes.

Sounds like your AFM.

CelicaLaxer11
12-20-2004, 02:35 AM
i had the same problem with my NA motor when i changed some part.. the MAP sensor was unplugged..

Snafu
12-20-2004, 04:30 AM
That's a really good suggestion. After I rebuilt my buddy's 4G63, we went to fire it up, and the exact same thing happened, and guess what? That crap was unplugged.

ChrisD
12-20-2004, 04:11 PM
Definitely check your AFM. Failing that, check your plugs out and possibly replace them. Any codes?

Luni
12-20-2004, 04:15 PM
On a 4G63 it will run without its afm hooked up tho... bastards.

xeril
12-21-2004, 05:22 AM
does that mean i'm gonna have to wire up that 3rd set of wires to the ecu? or will it just not shift the actually check engine light on.. cause i have access the the obd scanner at toyota.. if i can get my car there somehow

xeril
12-21-2004, 08:08 PM
okay.. new leads.. possible ignition timing or something? i forgot about this the first time.. but it occured again today as i just tried to take my car around the block. the car ended up backfiring when i gave it boost and shifted. then it started running like crap again.. what else could it be?

edit: and i am running stock diverter valve.. no bov for me

ChrisD
12-21-2004, 08:27 PM
Definitely check your AFM. Failing that, check your plugs out and possibly replace them. Any codes?

xeril
12-21-2004, 08:30 PM
does that mean i'm gonna have to wire up that 3rd set of wires to the ecu? or will it just not shift the actually check engine light on.. cause i have access the the obd scanner at toyota.. if i can get my car there somehow

Elliott
12-22-2004, 12:17 AM
Idle hose might be disconnected?