PDA

View Full Version : Just *RAISED* my car =(

Luis C
10-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Yup... no, your eyes are not deceiving you... yes, you read the title right... I just back from the shop where the car was being checked for some noises on the drivers side axle and to replace the Eibach Prokit springs with the OEM ones.

Why on earth would anyone *RAISE* a car instead of lowering it further you may ask; well it's pretty simple, as some of you might remember I recently (Dicember/January) replaced the stock shocks (Tokico) on my car with some Bilstein units. Well the combination proved to be nice and tight.... the kind of tight you would want on a sports car on well paved road and therein lies the problem. As of lately road maintenance has gone down the drain around here and roads more and more ressemble a lunar landscape. I just got tired of hearing the clunking and rattling almost as if the car were to come apart any moment.

As of today my car is riding at 1" higher, body roll and nose diving on sudden stops is a bitch but at least I now have peace and quietness in the cabin. I hope the government honors us fixing the roads but until then I ride high with the other cars.

P.D. Don't believe on Eibachs coating for protection, the one on my springs has flaked and has begun to peal off on some parts of the springs and I've only had those springs since June 2002

Colossus20v
10-01-2005, 01:21 AM
sounds like you needed to get Coilovers. One reason why I'm getting coilovers is because I live in Pittsburgh and we are known for our potholes. crackhead politicians can find the money to fix stuff like that. Oh well. Luis maybe look into the ground control kit???

Trance4c
10-01-2005, 11:59 PM
sounds like you needed to get Coilovers. One reason why I'm getting coilovers is because I live in Pittsburgh and we are known for our potholes. crackhead politicians can find the money to fix stuff like that. Oh well. Luis maybe look into the ground control kit???

coilovers are not the solution. I continually try to streer people away from coilovers! Why? Because each time you move the suspension, you need a new alighnment. The geometry of the setup changes. Two, because they are a pain in the ass to sit and adjust, its not like pushing a button and its done. Three.. in the north, just wait.. after you get a bunch of snow up there and such, and then time comes where you want to adjust again.. well.. you'll see. Hope you've got some small strong fingers haha.

If you want a car to be low.. you drive a car thats low. If you want a car thats high, you drive one thats high. People need to start to learn, you drive what you have.. so have what you need to drive. Otherwise, anything else you do to your car.. is a waste of time, money and effort.

Luis C
10-02-2005, 04:33 AM
I went back to OEM springs basically because of extraordinary bad road conditions around here and of the stiff suspension I ended up with after replacing the stock Tokicos with some Bilsteins.

Today I went for a rather long drive and boy did I miss the Eibach springs :( , the car has a lot more body roll and I can feel the cars rear end going everywhere after changing lanes quickly... I hope it doesn't take too long before the Gov. fix the roads, I miss the handling capabilities with the springs.

Ricksta
10-16-2005, 08:10 PM
i was thinking of buying the bilsteins off of ebay..looks like a nice set....are they n e good tho?

Luis C
10-17-2005, 07:02 AM
They are a great buy, defenetly worth the money. Unfortunatly, like I mentioned, I ended up with a really tight suspension for the roads around here, I now have the OEM springs with the Bilstein shocks and I'm one happy camper although I miss the handling capabilities the Eibachs springs gave the car.

diabolical1
10-17-2005, 02:21 PM
to each, his own ...

one has to do what one has to do in order to please the self. i commend your taking action, as opposed to writing a thread cursing the car or cursing Eibach. i've seen that way too much. i know you may question your decision at times, but it's a matter of whether or not the days when you feel happy about it outnumbers the days you wonder what you did.

Ricksta
10-18-2005, 01:33 AM
They are a great buy, defenetly worth the money. Unfortunatly, like I mentioned, I ended up with a really tight suspension for the roads around here, I now have the OEM springs with the Bilstein shocks and I'm one happy camper although I miss the handling capabilities the Eibachs springs gave the car.

well i live a good 2 miles back in the woods...nuttin but dirt roads and a lot of bumps..i have to go ten mph thru here....your roads cant be n e worse then mine dude....theres this one part of my road that goes up and down like a wave....lol....all u did was take your springs off and put the oem ones on? theres a nice pair on ebay right now that will lower ur car an inch and thier 100 bux...jus slap those on ur struts :bigthumbu

Ricksta
10-18-2005, 01:34 AM
and that diablolicle is fuckin confusing mannnn

Luis C
10-18-2005, 04:26 AM
your roads cant be n e worse then mine dude....lol

Wanna bet...? It would hurt just to pass a Humvee or a Stryker through any of the roads around here

....all u did was take your springs off and put the oem ones on?

Yup, much softer ride but I got that damned body roll/nose dive back. I hope they fix the roads around here fast, I want my car handling like it used to :(

diabolical1
10-18-2005, 09:24 PM
and that diablolicle is fuckin confusing mannnn
dude, what's so confusing? i was simply complimenting the man for being mature enough to actually know what he wants from his car's ride and then doing something about it. he made an upgrade and in his particular environment, it didn't work, so he changed back to something that did. i was merely acknowledging that.

most people would have made the thread saying either the car sucks or Eibach sucks because it's easier than addressing the actual problem. i like make a note when people do right because there is so much else that people do wrong. that's all.

am i missing something????

Ricksta
10-19-2005, 11:19 PM
luis ur shit does a nose dive too?!?!?! ive had that ever since i got my car...im jus now fixin the shit...lol...

and no dude ur not missin n e thing.....