PDA

View Full Version : 7th gen racing chip

crystalalien87
09-29-2005, 03:33 AM
I was just wondering if there are any racin chips for the celica? This guy at work that i am pretty cool with said he has an friend that has an chip in his celi but wasnt sure the brand but he said when ever he gets an chance he would ask him. but any info would help. :hehe: :)

tomeks
10-01-2005, 02:50 AM
I never heard about a racing chip for a 00+ celica. The only thing I know that might help with performance is Power FC from Apexi, but its an engine management system:

http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/apexi_power_fc_toyota_celica_gts_2000_.html

Celicaguy13
10-03-2005, 04:42 AM
I never heard about a racing chip for a 00+ celica. The only thing I know that might help with performance is Power FC from Apexi, but its an engine management system:

http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/apexi_power_fc_toyota_celica_gts_2000_.html

for sure that would be the best bet for a stand alone ecu. If you get it through monkeywrenchracing you have a option to choose a preloaded map from a few choices. OF COURSE YOU STILL HAVE TO DYNO TUNE IT before it will work 100% Just because its preloaded doesnt mean it is perfect for your engine. All engines are different in their special way this is why.

Smaay
10-10-2005, 05:25 AM
the only "chip" is the unchip which im not too impressed with....im pretty familiar with all the mods possible on the celica so i know BS when i hear it...and im hearing BS

Celicaguy13
10-10-2005, 08:16 AM
the only "chip" is the unchip which im not too impressed with....im pretty familiar with all the mods possible on the celica so i know BS when i hear it...and im hearing BS

Hearing what BS? The unichip is not the "only" ecu for the celica. I have to agree with you though, the unichip is not great at all, but the Apexi Power FC is a great chip with "proven" gains.

Smaay
10-10-2005, 07:48 PM
It is NOT a "chip" the PFC is a complete ECU replacement!, all the others are piggyback systems...the unichip is not an ECU!!!

Celicaguy13
10-11-2005, 06:53 AM
It is NOT a "chip" the PFC is a complete ECU replacement!, all the others are piggyback systems...the unichip is not an ECU!!!

Since when is the word "chip" dedicated to a piggyback system? Usually when the word "racing chip" is used, it usually has something to do with modifying or replacing the existing ECU. If a standalone ECU isn't a computer "chip" then what is it? IMO a Complete Standalone ECU deserves the title as "Racing chip" instead of a piggyback system which deserves something like... "air/fuel converter" or "ECU tricker"

Smaay
10-11-2005, 02:56 PM
whatever dude, im not gonna argue with ya over something this trivial...

Aracheon
10-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Since when is the word "chip" dedicated to a piggyback system? Usually when the word "racing chip" is used, it usually has something to do with modifying or replacing the existing ECU. If a standalone ECU isn't a computer "chip" then what is it? IMO a Complete Standalone ECU deserves the title as "Racing chip" instead of a piggyback system which deserves something like... "air/fuel converter" or "ECU tricker"

:ugh:

Think about a chip in terms of a mini piggyback to the ECU. For example, my brother's 2002 Dodge Ram turbo diesel is "chipped". Meaning, he has a secondary computer chip soldered to his ECU that allows him to plug in a handheld control unit to alter and choose from a series of preconfigured performance "stages".

A "chip" should NEVER be used as a term to describe a full standalone ECU... that's extremely misleading. Not to mention, talking about a "racing chip" just makes you sound retarded.

$0.02

Rix86
11-02-2005, 06:43 AM
:ugh:

Not to mention, talking about a "racing chip" just makes you sound retarded.

$0.02
but a racin chip will make it awesome yo!!!
hahhahahaaaaa

sorry. i got a good laugh out of that.

hombredelassrtas
11-03-2005, 06:29 PM
^lol yea they have the $0.01 "chips" on ebay but all they are are resistors that ur ecu adapts in a sec anyway. Like they ahve all said, your best bet is the PFC. Now if oyu have an 03+ GTS with drive by wire you cannot use the PFC, you ahve to use the Greddy EManage. You will not get as much gains as with the PFC but its oyur only option

Rix86
11-04-2005, 03:44 AM
yeah a resistor in the air or coolant temp circuit to make it read cooler.
bunch-o-hokey crapola