PDA

View Full Version : My first time at the Drag Strip

Borinal
09-24-2005, 08:31 PM
I was pushing a bar and a half I didn't think it would spike that high I was testing boost and hitting 1 bar and a line in first thought that I would be OK. Didn't pull timing though and the EGT's stayed normal, SLIGHTLY higher than normal but nothing erradic or dangerously high just a bit higher than normal. I think that I had wheel-spin into second. If I didn't maybe my clutch has a problem. But on launch I watched my RPM's pegged at 6k as I counted like 3-5 seconds and then it started moving towards redline and I shifted. When I just make a turn or at launch from a stop light, I can bury first in a heartbeat if I want to. I don't know why it lasted so long at the track. Like Luni said, he didn't hear my tires but any ideas why it did that? I felt them break loose immidiately on green so I am pretty sure my clutch wasn't slipping. I think it was around mid-high 90's on the MPH but I could be wrong. I didn't get my slip they gave me somone elses so that was really dissapointing they couldn't get me another one.

These Basards here didn't even let us START racing until like 12:45AM I didn't get to run until almost 1:30AM! I wish that I could have gone again but when I got back around the line was at least 30-45 mins. Luni said that I was one of the last but I would have been put back 3 times further than where I was the first time and it took about 20 mins. It's a Midnight Drag deal, but usually doesn't start near that late. Usually 10:30-11PM

Mods are simply engine mounts and exhaust. Of course the Gen III 3S-GTE Swap.

Luni
09-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Forgot to put your ET.

It was 14.11 at 4800 feet of elevation.

Thats still not too shabby.

Sean
09-24-2005, 08:43 PM
At what MPH?

Sounds like a shitty drag site.

Borinal
09-24-2005, 08:53 PM
Approx 97 MPH, but like I said I couldn't get my slip. :(

ChrisD
09-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Thats not too too shabby considering the altitude. I can shave off a couple MPH just by going to another track that is 1500ft down. I run here at 3500ft, and can definitely verify that the MPH is way down from the runs I did at sea level in Seattle.

I'm running 13.6's at 102 MPH now, at ~1.1 bar. (with a 5000 rpm launch on 4wd)

You would probably also improve with a little practice. Only one run sucks!

Borinal
09-27-2005, 12:00 AM
Yeahh, it totally sucks. I think my launch was my problem. I just spun, I don't think that I can rev-limit and drop the clutch like that. Everyone told me do it that way but just didn't get traction that way. So I need to find a better RPM that I can grab at. Usually my first gear is very short, it's quick. when bob did it on the blacktop against the 350Z it grabbed but at the track I spun them all through first. It was like I was in the snow. I didn't use the water for burn-out because Luni said that it wouldn't help me at all since I don't have racing slicks.
I think that it might have helped though to heat up the rubber despite not having racing slicks. Who knows though, I am no expert I trust him he knows way more than I do or what might seem logical to me.

klif01
09-27-2005, 04:51 PM
I think I left at 3 am...

I ran only 3 times....

Last time they did midnights my roommate got 6 or 7 runs in because everyone started leaving early!

Luni
09-28-2005, 03:45 AM
Well since youre using radials, if you heat them up, they might stick, but they might be worse, not to mention your rears are already bald, so I dont know, it might have helped.

Well go next year man. Well play around with it and see what works and what dont.

And we will see who has bigger balls too :hehe:

I honestly thought you would just grab cause all the rubber on the track. Travis told me it is grabby and hit or miss.