PDA

View Full Version : Next interior mod

thundr51
09-22-2005, 08:39 PM
My first mod ever, installing a new OBX shift knob went well. (not that it was that difficult but...) so now i'm setting my sights on my next project. I'm thinking of either getting some new racing seats or installing some new HIDs or maybe some of the aftermarket tail lights. Come to think of it I need to replace the driverside foglight...

So, anybody know which I should tackle first? I'm thinking about doing the seats first as I'll be able to appreciate it more(when I'm driving) and since i'm planning on repainting in December i'll be VERY angry if paint gets on my new taillights. Anybody got any recommendations on seats? I'm looking for something in Blue and Black. How difficult are they to install? What should I be aware of price-wise? I know some seats don't come with all the parts (4pt harness, tracks,etc) but what would be the difference between a pair of $100 seats on Ebay and the $400 seats on some other website?

On the other hand, what should I be aware of when looking for HIDs and Taillights? Price, reliability, difficulty installing? Help me out here!

James D.
09-23-2005, 12:45 AM
do the interior first then work your way out the exterior mod stuff

thundr51
09-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Sounds good. I'm going to get center console painted but for now i'll concentrate on the seats. Anybody know where I can get some seats for a decent price? How hard will they be to install?

PhillyDRFT
10-05-2005, 02:23 AM
to be honest with you i had a friend who bought some fake ricaro's off ebay for like 300$ shipped. they sent him the rails and everything. they were very comphy seats. that is if you don’t care about brand name and your willing to take care of your seats. Keeping in mind you get what you pay for. he's had them for about 6 months now and they’ve held up well so i myself would probly invest. hell its a lot better than 2k for veilside seats...... but there sooo yummy :) http://veilside.com/veilsideusa/interior/VSD-1.jpg

hombredelassrtas
11-03-2005, 06:26 PM
old thread but i'll post anyway ;) I woudl suggest sticking with 1 seciton of the car and working primarily on that. I did interrior 1st then went exterrior. Some do the other way around. I am actually now going back and redoing my interrior. You can get some decent replica seats on ebay. Seats wernt my biggest priority becasue i like the look of the stock leather seats :) As for tailights, there all about the same inquality. People will tell you APC is crap, but really there all aobut the same. ITs all about waht you like. dont let others persuade you.