PDA

View Full Version : Drum to Disc Conversion

White91GT
09-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Ok ok, before you guys start tellin me to hit the search button hear me out. Im planning to do a drum to dick conversion on my 91 gt. I wanted to know if some one that has done the conversion can post the exact parts that I need the conversion. I read all the conversion post, but I wana have a good part list to refer to. :bigthumbu

Adrian Avgerinos
09-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Ok ok, before you guys start tellin me to hit the search button hear me out. Im planning to do a drum to dick conversion on my 91 gt. I wanted to know if some one that has done the conversion can post the exact parts that I need the conversion. I read all the conversion post, but I wana have a good part list to refer to. :bigthumbu

Jesus Christ man, do you need someone to do the swap for you and change your underwear as well?

It's this simple:

Buy complete rear knuckle assembly with EVERYTHING on it except for the suspension arms and strut. Yes, this means you need a new brake hose, and you will use the disc e-brake cables. THAT, is your "exact parts" list.

See here:
http://www.celicatech.net/forums/showpost.php?p=67931&postcount=29

Galcobar
09-20-2005, 07:43 PM
If you'd ACTUALLY read the entire thread, you'd have also come across:
http://www.celicatech.net/forums/showpost.php?p=106501&postcount=48

Adrian Avgerinos
09-20-2005, 08:08 PM
If you'd ACTUALLY read the entire thread, you'd have also come across:
http://www.celicatech.net/forums/showpost.php?p=67931&postcount=48
Does anyone else see the irony in this statement? :hehe:

Galcobar
09-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Dammit, thought I'd altered the link to send it to post 48 -- as opposed to post 29 that you specified.

Fixed the link...

90CelicaST
09-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Did anyone else catch this?
Ok ok, before you guys start tellin me to hit the search button hear me out. Im planning to do a drum to dick conversion on my 91 gt. I wanted to know if some one that has done the conversion can post the exact parts that I need the conversion. I read all the conversion post, but I wana have a good part list to refer to. :bigthumbu...and does anyone know what to do about the front hubs on an ST to use the GT or GTS brakes?

White91GT
09-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Haha, thought nobody would notice. Hey Adrian Avgerinos since you offered be sure to bring the wipes and baby power.

Galcobar
09-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Did anyone else catch this?...and does anyone know what to do about the front hubs on an ST to use the GT or GTS brakes?

Caught it, just ignored it since I figured I was already beating up on him about that.

Take a look at the thread Adrian and I linked....the answer is in there. Simple: axle carriers are the same. Longer answer, 90-91 ST got four-lug hubs/wheels, 92-on got five-lug like the rest of the lineup.

90CelicaST
09-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Take a look at the thread Adrian and I linked....the answer is in there. Simple: axle carriers are the same. Longer answer, 90-91 ST got four-lug hubs/wheels, 92-on got five-lug like the rest of the lineup.I noticed that my car has 4lug wheels, and the rest are 5. I meant, will the axles from my ST's transmission work with the GT or GTS' hubs?

Adrian Avgerinos
09-20-2005, 10:47 PM
I noticed that my car has 4lug wheels, and the rest are 5. I meant, will the axles from my ST's transmission work with the GT or GTS' hubs?
I'm thinking they will fit together. I assisted in a 5S-FE conversion on a Corolla FX. The old engine was a 4A-GE which used a C series transaxle just like the ST Celica. We found that the splines were the same which allowed the S53 axles to mate to the Corolla hubs.

Therefore I believe you should be able to install GT hubs on your ST Celica without much hassle. Don't forget to change the bearings at the same time.

90CelicaST
09-21-2005, 12:05 AM
I'm thinking they will fit together. I assisted in a 5S-FE conversion on a Corolla FX. The old engine was a 4A-GE which used a C series transaxle just like the ST Celica. We found that the splines were the same which allowed the S53 axles to mate to the Corolla hubs.

Therefore I believe you should be able to install GT hubs on your ST Celica without much hassle. Don't forget to change the bearings at the same time.
AWESOME! Thanks Adrian. So how much would the bearings be? Toyota dealership or parts store?

90CelicaST
09-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Oh, White91GT, looks like :jacked:I jacked your thread. Sorry bro.

Adrian Avgerinos
09-21-2005, 12:52 AM
AWESOME! Thanks Adrian. So how much would the bearings be? Toyota dealership or parts store?

I bought my bearings from a dealership since the price was reasonable. You can probably pick them up at a parts store as well.

White91GT
09-21-2005, 12:55 AM
Its all good I got my answer :thefinger j/k