PDA

View Full Version : A local Celica for sale.

VikingJZ
09-19-2005, 06:08 AM
Some guys at school had looked at this Celica last year. It's a 1972 GT with a yellow exterior and tan interior. It's only $1,000 and has been restored except for paint. I had to take someone home to the local lake the other day (where this car is), and on the way down the same road I found it. Sure enough, one year after those two other guys had talked about it, it's still there. I have a truck I'd love to sell, but my parents want to keep it for the family business. I want this car and I've never seen it really. Tomorrow I'm going to go take pictures, post them on here, and give the guy a call. Any advice for me? Possibly for talking him into lowering the price? Thanks.

74celicagt
09-21-2005, 11:41 AM
does it run?
any mods or totally stock?
GT didn't come around til 74.

If the body is solid and it runs, you could always get the guy down to $500 and then turn right around and sell it on eBay for $1000+

71/72 are the good years. smooth smiley bumpers, flat red taillights, gas tank not right behind the rear seat etc. Lighter than the later years.

but if you want to buy and keep it, you'll have to swap out the 18rc for something good. lol

VikingJZ
09-21-2005, 12:43 PM
YEah I went and looked closer at it and it's a good car. It is a 1972,come to find out. I'll post some pics up asap. I think the motor was already swapped with something else.

VikingJZ
09-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Might I add the interior is a 10/10, and doesn't even need to be vaccuumed.

Runs drives well, needed to be jumped and use starting fluid, but turned over right away. I'd replace the battery in it. Probably needs carb cleaner and or carb work. Brakes are a little hard (Does it have power brakes?), may need brake work. Steering is horrible...needs an alignment badly. Driver's side headlights are burned out. Tires are excellent for the car, probably 75% left.

flyspyder55
09-22-2005, 08:26 PM
adam i didnt know you were on celicatech...

first gens are hella sweet

74celicagt
09-30-2005, 08:26 AM
adam i didnt know you were on celicatech...

Sometimes when I'm bored and already looked over all the posts at the usual site...

There's hardly any first gen activity here...

And I was trying to find someone local and Luni is. But he doesn't seem too eager to want to meet up and drift my car. lol

VikingJZ
01-07-2007, 12:02 AM
I checked in about this car again tonight. It's sitting in the guys garage and I'm going to look at it again tomorrow.

I want it really badly now because my old Sonoma is of no use to me anymore. I want to see if he'd trade for it.

Really doesn't know how cool this car is.

Any new opinions guys?

VikingJZ
01-07-2007, 12:02 AM
Oh... And what are some good links to the first gen celicas?

Cavanagh
02-28-2007, 01:49 AM
Dood, grab some pics.