PDA

View Full Version : engine mounts

cmcustom
09-17-2005, 02:32 AM
i'm swapping a 1993 5sfe into a 1991 stx and so far so good. today i put the new clutch on and mounted the 5 speed tranny the driver side,front and rear mounts all were usable no problems the passenger side was a little different but not to far off, i just pulled out the old chop saw and cut the part that was in the way off. it seemed like a fairly productive afternoon until i tried to mount the 5sfe in the stx, apparently the brackets on the body are in the wrong place?anybody ever been where i am right now? please give me some advice how to line these mounts up so that my axles will fit into the hubs correctly, i'm very new at this i've never even run a welder before but i'll have some assistance but please try to keep this in layman's terms.thanx.

Roderic McBrown
09-19-2005, 11:23 AM
What bracket do you mean ?
The long one that runs from front to end of the engine bay ?
(the one below the engine / trans)
I think you need the one form the GT versions with 3S or 5S engine.
And you might also need the axles from the GT versions.

Dr Tweak
09-19-2005, 11:36 AM
You need the mounts from the GT, along with the brackets if that's not what you're using, and you'll need the GT axles.

-Doc

cmcustom
09-21-2005, 12:10 AM
i'm fabricating a brace that will make my "A" block mount work in stock location . i hope it works. as far as the drive axles i was getting new ones any way , buying them already assembled. i hope to be racing in two weeks. the wiring part went well so far, seems like plug and play(thank god). i do need some advice on my exhaust manifold. i really don't like that catayltic converter hanging off the bottom there. i was wondering if a stock camry 5sfe manifold would work , seems like it would be more reasonable to mount a good system on also what size pipe should i use to get the most power and will i need to bypass my o2 sensor.