PDA

View Full Version : What's happenin?!

roman
11-30-2004, 07:27 AM
Dy-No-Mite!

What's going on? What's with the new software? I'm all up for vBulletin, it's a nice upgrade. But it's just so sudden :eek:

roman
11-30-2004, 07:27 AM
Egads! How do I make it so that the usernames are on the left side of the table and the posts are on the right? This username-on-top thing has got to go!

DrPaine
11-30-2004, 07:32 AM
I dunno, i just went to login and im like woah, new software!

ChrisD
11-30-2004, 07:33 AM
Werd...user name on top is not that appealing. haha. Hopefully there will be an option to change the colours to something more appealing to the eyes (darker). I thought we were just about ready to get transferring info on the old board? What happened?

roman
11-30-2004, 08:05 AM
Hey, lighter IS more appealing to the eyes. At least the previous version of the, uh, final forum was light for me. I used the default phpbb skin (subSilver).

Borinal
11-30-2004, 08:29 AM
It's better NOW sudden than down the road sudden.

Elektr0de
11-30-2004, 11:58 AM
guess the php version was a tad too rocky for lunis liking :)

Schmleff
11-30-2004, 01:07 PM
guess the php version was a tad too rocky for lunis liking :)

It was quirky and lacked a few features that we needed.

:D

ChrisD
11-30-2004, 02:18 PM
Hey, lighter IS more appealing to the eyes. At least the previous version of the, uh, final forum was light for me. I used the default phpbb skin (subSilver).

I just dont like it looking like all the other forums I'm on. Now with the mr2 board using vbulletin, and a handful of other sites using the old boring white/blue combo's, nothing really sets them apart in your mind...

Borinal
11-30-2004, 03:53 PM
That's what Donna is for.
It's not going to look the same. Don't worry.
This is PHP also, it's just un-arguably superior in every way to phpBB, anything we don't like, I will change. Seriously, no worries. The other one looked as much like other forums as this one does. But this one will look very nice and custom soon.

ChrisD
11-30-2004, 04:09 PM
Sweet. I'm already noticing there's a lot of cool little things about this software. Dont worry, I like it. :cool:

Hooligan
11-30-2004, 06:36 PM
I really like it as well...it also seems to be faster than the other software (for me, at least).

I am with these other guys too...I'd like to see the usernames not be in such a conspicuous place. At a minimum, they could be a lot smaller.

Nice upgrade, thanks!